Vent $%^*#@ Frontier (help, please)

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
So...I can not get the Bleeping frontier in my car. sbp is a no....lbp total no....latch is acceptable, but dd is 41 lbs.
Crap....:mad:

So...my issue is the stupid buckle stalks are long, on webbing, and fotb. And not just fotb, but they are movable...they are in like this little channel/slit that is like 6 inches long...so, regardless of how tight I get it, the buckle itself can be pulled forward in this little channel. I tried the 3 full turns (and 1 and 2..) and it makes the buckle stalk very short, but it still moves front to back in that little channel. I can get it in solid side to side, but even with the seatbelt ridiculously tight, the fact that the female buckle can be pulled out in that channel, means i can never ever get it tight to the point where it can not be pulled out. My last hope is to see if maybe I can eek out enough belt for LBP...i don't think there is enough, but i have not yet tried it 436783265434638 million times, so I can not say for *certain*..but it doesnt look good....even if it works,. I'm not sure I wont still have the "pulling forward" issue....
Plus, DD HATES it..she screamed and cried and threw a fit until I put the nauti back in.
*sigh*

So...any help with the install...?

I am at my parents, it arrived just as i was leaving for the weekend, so I do not have dh's car or the van to try it in....unless it installs rock solid, easily and with no swearing, in the van, I'm selling it.....:mad:

On the cool side, the DOM is 3/6/9....its less than a week old....:)

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Dumb question...what car? (and, you can get a gap of 3-4 inches worked out in the LBP, even on hard seats...trust me...). No way can I install that bloody thing SBP in either of my cars. No.bloody.way.

Heather98012

No way on the SBP in either of our cars. DH's Toyota was difficult, but doable. My Hyundai was a freakin' nightmare. I was convinced it wasn't gonna happen, but we wiggled enough & finally got the last 1/4" of belt for the LBP method.

Wish I had more info for you. Can't figure out what else to try in your situation. What car is it going in?

mamabear

I have faith that you will get the LBP to work. Even if it takes 2 people. One to push down on the Frontier, one to pull on the seat belt until you can get it buckled.

I have tried the SBP in Honda's and Toyotas (different makes and models) and it's always an definite no go. I won't even attempt a SBP anymore.

Can you post a pic of your belt stalk? I'm intrigued.

Heather98012

Yep.....we had to use 2 of us to get it in my car LBP. In dh's Toyota, he was able to do it himself. I think you can do it, but it will require a lot of blood, sweat, & tears. (But then again....I've heard of one or two cars that are just totally incompatible.)

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
thanks guys....Heather, it's not a hyundai sonata, is it? My car is a kia optima 07, which is a sonata clone.

I'll have dh help me to see if we can get lbp to work...but more importantly, if we can get it to work in the van, that would be good enough.....oh, and if she will sit in it......

I'll play with it and see how we feel....but right now, I LOATHE the stupid seat.....
So...uh..how much shorter of a top slot does the Radian have compared to the GN again?

Heather98012

No, I drive a Hyundai Tucson. I may try installing it in my mom's Santa Fe as well. I could also try my dad's Hyundai XG350 which is a sedan, but slightly bigger than the Sonata.

Interesting note: I got our FN's in May right when they came out. When I called Britax CS about the install issues, they told me it hadn't been tested in ANY Hyundai vehicle. Um...ok...they aren't as popular as say, Toyota, but they are pretty popular family vehicles. I was shocked that they didn't test them in ANY Hyundai. :confused:

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
thanks guys....Heather, it's not a hyundai sonata, is it? My car is a kia optima 07, which is a sonata clone.

I'll have dh help me to see if we can get lbp to work...but more importantly, if we can get it to work in the van, that would be good enough.....oh, and if she will sit in it......

I'll play with it and see how we feel....but right now, I LOATHE the stupid seat.....
So...uh..how much shorter of a top slot does the Radian have compared to the GN again?

How much more seat belt do you need to get it buckled LBP?

You get about an inch more in the Nautilus or Frontier than you do in a Radian.

safeinthecar

Moderator - CPS Technician
Dumb question...what car? (and, you can get a gap of 3-4 inches worked out in the LBP, even on hard seats...trust me...). No way can I install that bloody thing SBP in either of my cars. No.bloody.way.

You still have the Oddy right? I put a Frontier SBP in an Oddy today. With the Captains chair in the centerish position even. Pull the base of the seat out so it's in front of the female side anchor, and line the belt path up with the female end of the buckle. Make sure the latch plate is centered in the belt path so it doesn't get caught. Recline the seat back, tighten, vadda vadda......

Pixels

How much more seat belt do you need to get it buckled LBP?

You get about an inch more in the Nautilus or Frontier than you do in a Radian.

For the record, and for any lurkers, LBP is not an acceptable install method for the Radian.

Splash

Install it with LATCH, super tight, as tight as you can get it. Then install it LBP. Work all the kinks out LBP, get it in there, and then unclip the latch buckles. This is how I normally install hard to install seats with the belt (and how I almost always install seats in the middle of my vehicle... borrow outboard anchors, get tight, buckle belt, undo anchors). You should be able to get a smidge more belt that way.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
Install it with LATCH, super tight, as tight as you can get it. Then install it LBP. Work all the kinks out LBP, get it in there, and then unclip the latch buckles. This is how I normally install hard to install seats with the belt (and how I almost always install seats in the middle of my vehicle... borrow outboard anchors, get tight, buckle belt, undo anchors). You should be able to get a smidge more belt that way.

Okay thanks, that's helpful,at least for my vehicle,the other 2 vehicles I'm trying to get it in don't have LATCH.

I DO actualy think it might install with seatbelt in the center of my car, because it's a narrow spot and the buckles line up perfectly with the beltpath, so for information's sake for others, I'm going to try it, but it doesn't help ME any,since with the frontier in the middle, I woudln't be able to get any seats beside it, and I have 2 kids, neither of which should be left home alone.:p.

but anyway...it's all moot if crazy-sensory-sensitive, change-resistant DD won't sit in the freaking thing.....(I'm starting to think abother GN is in our future...lol...)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC