Joovy Toy Car Seat

flutie128

Is it alright to use the Joovy car sets in the car? My son really wants a car seat for his doll. Before DD was born we would buckle his doll in her snugride. She has since outgrown it and I gave it away for someone in need to use. I figured it would expire before I had another child and someone really needed one.

Here is the link:
http://joovy.com/online_store/online_store_toys.php

ADS

lovinwaves

We have the infant seat one, and honestly it's more of a pain if I install it then if I don't. That's probably because the seat it is on doesn't have LATCH. I'm sure if you can use LATCH it would be easier, but when I use the seatbelt the base and carseat flip to the side, and sometimes upside down. I usually just let it set in on the seat next to dd minus the base. I keep the base up in her closet.

Last edited:

skipspin

It's actually crash tested. Not for the doll's safety, but for the "real" kids that are sitting next to it. The manual is quite funny to read too.

DD has one, but right now my car is full, so she can't use it. I can get a great install with LATCH, but the seatbelt only keeps it from being a projectile- it doesn't install well at all. It is a cute car seat, and it's the nicest most realistic one I've seen.

hillary116

That is cute! I had no idea they made those. I like the booster one too. I was thinking you could get a real carseat used off Craig's list for the doll- unless you were afraid it would fail in a crash. I think I would trust that for a doll though.

Ali

We have the forward facing seat. DD loves it. It's simple to install. Even when DD was RF, she didn't care that her babies her FF.

babygirlsmom1005

Why did I click that link, espically with my daughter sitting next to me!!! She now is insisting on one for "Baby Madeline" LOL (I like the FF one plus the price is cheaper for it and I won't be expected to carry it like a bucket, it'll stay in the car just like hers). Evil toys :p

ETA just ordered this one http://joovy.com/online_store/toybooster_blue.php I guess this is a cheaper way to go then getting her a new car seat everytime she sees pics of one she thinks is pretty LOL

my2kidsSafe

We have the forward facing one also for dd. She loves it. One of the only ways i could get her to agree to sitting in the back of the van was to let her baby sit with her. I bought it at toysrus.com. I think it was the cheapest i found

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC