Anyone else DYING to see the new Parkway 120?

mamabear

I need another booster. For my sisters car.She's started picking DD up from school 2 days a week for me.Hauling a booster in and out of the house all the time is getting annoying.

I'm *this close* to just getting another Turbobooster, because DD fists so well in it.

I'm trying to stretch my time limit to see if I will like the new Parkway, because if I do, I will probably get that instead, and put the Turbobooster form Dh's car into my sisters car. keep the Parkway for myself;).

Isn't is scheduled for a May release?? That's not far off, when do we get to see it????

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
No sure, but heck yeah, I so want to see it! Not that Tyler needs another, but when has that stopped me?

monstah

Parkway 120?!

I know there was a Britax thread that ended up like 40 pages long, I just couldn't keep reading. :duck:

Is that the thread I have to go scour for info?

mommaon112903

Me, Me, Me!!! I wanted to wait sooo badly to transition Josef from his GN to a dedicated booster (BAD fit in booster mode for the GN), but we could not wait any longer, and the Monteray is on its way. Hubby made me promise that the Monteray would stay in his car, since the Airbooster was not a good fit and the Monteray was more $$ but I can get the new Parkway for Josef after his seventh b-day, even if he still techinically fits in the Regent :D

I CAN NOT wait to see the new Parkway!!!

sweetfeet

I want to see the new pw and the oobr before I decided on which booster to buy. We have an old style pw and love it but boosters have changed a lot in 3 years.

mamabear

Parkway 120?!

I know there was a Britax thread that ended up like 40 pages long, I just couldn't keep reading. :duck:

Is that the thread I have to go scour for info?

all I know is that a web site had published pictures, but then had to take them down.It all happened before I saw it.:(

The new parkway supposedly will have armrests and a crotch buckle thingy to make it a 4 pt/anti-submarine. I hope it will have some good fabrics, and the same SIP wings as before. I saw a crash test of a side impact and the dummy's head struck the window, even in a booster, because the side curtain airbags deployed above the dummy's head position. That's my new "big worry"

DD rides in the Frontier mostly, but her other spare booster are a turbobooster and a Compass. Neither have the same degree of wing protection as the parkway.

monstah

I found this info on pish posh baby

I wonder how accurate the feature information is and where they got it.

The anti-submarining clip is common on some foreign seats, right??

I'm going to see what (anti-sub. clip) info I can find. Since my DS might be in a booster before he turns 5, it sounds like a feature I'd really want.

Last edited:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I hope it's super duper tall....

Yep, anti submarine clips are common on Australian boosters :thumbsup: (Britax has promised us a seat with one before, but it didn't make it to market...fingers crossed we get it this time :))

NVMBR02

I do! We will need a booster for dd in dh's car fairly soon. I was planning on getting an oober but if I like the parkway enough then I will get that and wait on the oober until dd moves to a booster full time since it is so expensive. I think dh might have a heart attack if I spend a huge amount on a booster that she will use 2-3 times a month. The only other booster that fits her pretty well is the Vivo and dd doesn't really like it for some reason.

barnmama25

Sweet!! I guess I haven't been paying attention to what has been talked about lately. I can't wait to see it!
Oh oh oooo... it converts to a backless. Nice. My back seat is deep and I just found out it has built in shoulder placement clips in the back seats, I hope this still has a low profile.

Amaris

I want to see it. If it's taller than the monarch we may end up getting M one. He's on the highest setting in the monarch and I want him in a hbb because he sleeps in the car all the time.

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
The only way I'll get it is if it is SUPER tall.

Dd is on the highest setting of the Parkway and is telling me she is "smooshed" - I need to get a better look at her in it, we were in Defrost's car, which is the only place she uses it. She appears to have loads of room in the Monterey still, which seemed to have as much room as a Parkway - so maybe she was just being whiny that day? lol

mommyto4

Yes, I can hardly wait to hear more about it. I hope that it is an option for my 100 pound, 54 inch tall, almost 9 year old son. He slouches so much that the anti-submarining clip would be great for him. He is currently in a Monterrey, which we love, but if the PW120 fits him as well and has that clip, I will be all over it.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Gyspy, Tyler has the same issue. He is smooshed at the shoulders in a PW and has a lot of room in the Monterey.

groovymom2000

If I hadn't needed another booster immediately I would have waited for it. DS1 has lots of room in the PW and the new Monterey, as he is now all leg, so I don't see myself getting another booster any time soon.

Girly_Qs

I want to see the new pw and the oobr before I decided on which booster to buy.

Ditto.

For right now, it looks like we'll have to decide between the Monterey (especially like the price, and of course I've read lots of good endorsements here), the Oobr (like the rigid latch), and the PW120 (like the idea, at least, of the anti-sub clip).

I want to see it, but I also want LATCH, and there's no indication that this booster will have it.

This one will be a deal-breaker for us too, I think. I'm just trying to (optimistically) hold out til there's more info available!

glockchick

My car doesn't have LATCH, so while I would like it, it really doesn't matter to me.

There are benefits to having older vehicles. ;)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC