Today was carseat day

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I've been patiently (mostly patient anyways,) waiting for the Nautilus to go on sale at BRU so that I could get it and today the sale started.

First a little fact just to prove how much of a geek I am... I realized when I was thinking about the date that today would be, that the last carseat I bought - the True Fit, I also bought on a Friday the 13th. June 13th to be precise. How funny that I remember the exact date. :eek:

So anyways, I have pic's of the kids and also pic's of the way the seat comes out of the box now that it comes partially assembled. (This is the way all CDN seats have always come, but the US seats used to come with the armrests not attached.) Dd likes the seat so far and has lots of growing room. I tried both kids in the seat on the living room floor, and then again on the couch to get a feel for how angle would affect the fit in the seat, and moving from the floor to the couch they both gained a little growing room. Kind of the opposite of what I expected, so I'm curious to see what will happen when dd sits in it in the truck.

The harness is high on ds - on the floor it looked like he was just even or possibly slightly over the ones below, but he turned out to actually be a good bit below them. I took some pictures of him leaning his head against the headrest since that's a concern that comes up from time to time... Even with his head leaning against the headrest you can see how the padding is out further than the belt guides.

The harness fits both kids nicely. Both kids need the outer crotch position, and they both have lots of room to grow before reaching it.

The grand plan is for ds to go into the TF and this will be dd's seat. Ds is around 27 or 28lbs so has a bit of time left in the EFTA, but I'm probably going to switch now while I'm already changing things. The cover on the EFTA needs to be washed at the very least. :eek:

So here's some pictures. :)

Out of the box - headrest is sitting on top on the right hand side:
2054e4n.jpg

Tags off and headrest is not in the picture. You pull the cover in to the middle in the bum area, and then lift the back up to snap the arms into place. Then you attach the headrest.
2zedwti.jpg

DD on the floor:
20pedc5.jpg

On the couch:
2zi21qq.jpg

Growing room on the couch:
2gx1i4p.jpg

DS on the couch - I don't have a pic of him on the floor: (the harness needs to come down a slot - it's pretty obvious looking at the picture.)
1z4lt3d.jpg

Him leaning his head on the headrest:
2z70f8h.jpg

Close up of his head on the headrest:
dcbsxg.jpg

So even for someone that would obviously need the headrest and straps a setting lower than they are, I don't believe those red belt guides are any problem in regards to a child's head. :thumbsup:

I'll post a pic of dd to this thread once I get one of her in the truck. I just had to share my excitement with people I knew would appreciate it. ;)

ADS

urchin_grey

Oh thanks for the pics! Obviously it will be quite some time from now (and there might be something completely different on the market by then), but I love the Nautilus and would like to get one for DS once he outgrows the TF. At this rate though, that could be 4+ years from now. :p

Oh, and side note - DS has longies almost exactly like that! I knit them for him for Yule last year. :love:

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Oh thanks for the pics! Obviously it will be quite some time from now (and there might be something completely different on the market by then), but I love the Nautilus and would like to get one for DS once he outgrows the TF. At this rate though, that could be 4+ years from now. :p

Oh, and side note - DS has longies almost exactly like that! I knit them for him for Yule last year. :love:

LOL, I knit ds for him too. :D It's the fresh blue colorway from Purewool.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC