Talked to someone about the EFTA harness

Maggie

I know not everyone has this problem, but I have heard of a couple people who've had problems with the red tabs.

We bought it in January and DD rode in it a couple times before we realized how red and irritated it made her neck. She started to throw a fit anytime we got near the van. Arching her back, telling us no, owie, etc.

I REALLY love the seat though.

I emailed Evenflo and someone responded within 24 hrs. Then, I received a phone call and she was very helpful. Asked me a few questions and told me they'd send me a prepaid envelope. I'm supposed to cut the harness off and mail it back. They'll issue me a full refund when they receive the harness. :thumbsup:

I hope they test some strap covers for the seat because I'd buy it again in a heartbeat if they did.

ADS

Mommy0608

Interesting.

I know the red tabs can be irritating, but I've found that just making sure DD's shirt is between her skin and the tab solves the problem. Also, with this seat, it's really easy to over-tighten the harness.

I'm sorry if this is old news to you or if we've already had this conversation (I can't remember who I've talked to about this in the past). :eek:

What seat are you going to get to replace the EFTA? Just curious. :D

Maggie

Yeah, even with the shirt the stiffness of the tabs bothered her. I also had to think ahead to summer. We live in tank tops and suits so it would be a problem then. We tried to loosen the harness, but it's more of a rubbing issue on her than it is being too tight.

Well, I have a Marathon from DD1 that she seems to like now. I just bought a Dragonfly Couture cover, so I'm happy to be using the Marathon for a bit. Maybe by the time the Marathon expires (in about 2 years) they will have come out with some approved strap covers because I really like the TA.

Pixels

I doubt they will approve any strap covers. Someone had the same problem, called and asked if they could use covers, and was told no because they want the red tabs visible.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Wow, that's great! I'm so glad they care about kids actually being comfortable enough in that seat. Maybe they'll figure out a way to make those red tabs out of softer plastic or something...like HUGS rubber, maybe?

Maggie

I doubt they will approve any strap covers. Someone had the same problem, called and asked if they could use covers, and was told no because they want the red tabs visible.

No, I know they won't approve any after market covers.

What I meant was that the person I spoke with said they use information like this to help improve the seat. They've had numerous other reports of the same problems. While there is nothing approved now, they are always working on ways to improve their products. Could be a line of crap, but I don't really care at this point. They were nice enough to refund me my money. It's going to pain me to cut the straps off and throw out a seat that is only 3 months old. :cry:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC