Just ordered Josef's

mommaon112903

SK Monteray! I was browsing thru the site and noticed babycatalog.com had a special code to save some $, so I jumped on it! My Monteray was $107.99 with free shipping!

Hubby REALLY likes the Airbooster, but I keep hearing that it does not fit smaller boostered kiddos as well as the Monteray does. So who knows when Josef outgrows the Regent in my car, he may be big enough for the Airbooster in Daddy's car-that is unless I REALLY like what Britax is coming out with :D

I did have to convince Josef that he did NOT want pink, as he was saying "but momma I LOVE pink!" He really wanted a purple one though, as "purple is my favorite color" We got the red one, thank goodness no more black and grey! :thumbsup:

Now I am curious to see if anyone has pics of 5yrish old kiddos in the Monteray, I REALLY hope he fits well!

ADS

ginny4

i don't have a pic but my 4.5yo DD tried it & she fit pretty good. if she'll let me i'll try to take a pic of her in it today after school. she's about josef's size

Maggie

Can I ask where you found the code? :eek: I'd really like to order one today for DD1. I'm interested in pics too. DD1 is 5, 48lbs, 48" with a 17" torso.

ginny4

here's my DD who is 4.75yo i forget how big exactly but around 44in & 44lbs ( i just know her height & weight equal each other) with a 16.5-17 in torso
she wanted to pretend she was sleeping & then as soon as the picture shot she siad i wanna see & got her shoulder & arm right out of the seatbelt. i don't think she is ready for a booster just yet. thank goodness for the regent. oh i forgot to move the sidewalls closer together. my DS has them all the way out i think.

2009-3031.jpg

this is a regent shot so you can have some sort of comparison
2008-12100.jpg

jillianrose

Wow! What a deal! I paid $149 for mine with free shipping. I bought it for my 7 year old, but my 5 1/2 year old (42", 40 lbs) also fits very well in it. She'd love one too. She gets to ride in it when big sister is at school. I'm sure you'll love it.

AmyG

I just moved DD1 into a pink Monterey this past week since she'd outgrown her Marathon! I had really tried to push keeping her in a harness, but was loudly overruled by DD and DH. Thankfully I love how she fits in the Monterey :) I'll try and get a picture today and post it for you.

Irishmama

Does the Monterey have less restrictive headwings? DD1 is always complaining about the headwings on her Parkway, and asking to use her Turbobooster full time. I just don't like that amount of SIP on the TB; we don't have side airbags. I don't think we have any to try out locally (South suburb of Chicago).

ginny4

the monterey's wings are def less restrictive than the parkways. my son COULDN'T stand the heavily angled in headrest of the parkway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC