long time no post! FF question

Zabs

hey yall! I haven't been around in a while. I just had a quick question and I wanted to say hello again. I hope to stick around for a bit and catch up on all the latest car seat gossip!

My question:
DS1's shoulders are slightly higher than the shoulder harness slot. Is it time to move them up? I am pretty sure that FF is supposed to be at or above. Moving the harness would put big brother at the top slot on his seat which just seems so high!

And just bc I can, here are my stats and a pic.

DS1: 28 months. 34-ish lbs. 39.5". FF in a FPSVD.
DS2: 15 months. 31-ish lbs. 34.5" RF in FPSVD.

DSCF5482_1.jpg

ADS

TerisBoys

FF shoulders need to be at or below the top slots. Make sure you're checking again the slots in the actual shell vs the slots in the cover - Britax/FP seats are notorious for having covers that slip up or down.

Yes, they'll be a ways above his shoulders - but he will grow.

Zabs

Thanks Teri. When I put him in this afternoon, I'll check closely to make sure its not just the cover. I guess I could measure his torso, but thats kind of hard to convince a 2 1/2 year old to sit still for...

He's really tall for his age, so I shouldn't be too surprised that he's moving up, but it just seems so high!

ginny4

my son moved to the top slots of the FPSVD at about 2.5yo too! i KWYM. it does seem so so early. i'm sure DS will make it close to 4yo before outgrowing it but it looks like he won't make it that long.

what a cutie he is

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
For forward facing, 'When in doubt, move them up'...better to be fairly high above the shoulders, than below, where you risk excess head excursion and spinal compression injuries...even if they are high, they will hold the child back without putting undue pressure on the spine. But it's annoying, because if you move it up, it's going to look like he's below the lower set again for a few weeks and make you keep questioning that choice (lol, I've been through this a few times, I always wonder, 'should I have left them lower???').

Cute pictures, btw!!!

Zabs

that makes sense. Its hard to get out of RFing mode!

I love the FPSVDs so much that I don't want my boys to ever outgrow them! :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC