Ugh, I need a new RSTV

HEVY

DD doesn't fit, well it's real tight. I used it yesterday and it was snug but mostly short, the crotch strap finally fit.
According to my scale she's 52 naked, on the doctors she 48 fully dressed, but that scale has seen better days :rolleyes:
I read the scale wrong when I weighed her last, was reading 56, darn eyes :whistle:
It was such a pain to put on but that's because I put her in the middle and it was a lap/shoulder belt, 2009 Corolla (rental), I could barely get in the back to do it.

Anyway, I want to get the large, thought about trying to get someone to trade but it has to be cleaned and my GD will not fit in the big one.

It's so convenient to use in situations where you can't install a seat or even a booster (which I don't have).

DH will flip if I get another, he doesn't even want me to get a booster.
I want both :crying:
I want to have all possible situations covered.

So how do I clean the RSTV?
And it was established there's not really and expiration, right?

ADS

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
According to posts elsewhere, you will be needing one or two new cars soon. I'd hold off on buying new seats/vests/boosters until you know what you'll be driving. Why not just put her current seat in the rental car?

HEVY

One of them is in the car we now have, the other is taking up needed space in my bedroom :rolleyes:
DH was only to have the rental last sat and sun but kept it so we can fix the car. It should be going back tommorrow but since he gets such a good rate on the weekends I will ask him to keep it till monday.
So basically DD and I don't use the rental, yesterday was her first time in it and we thought the car would be done then, should be done today.
But I can't even get in it to install the seat, I can barely reach in to put the belt on. LOL, I do not think I can get in a Regent. The door openings are real small.

But I think the car has those side airbags, I could use the vest outboard.

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
But I think the car has those side airbags, I could use the vest outboard.
I personally don't like the idea of my kid sitting outboard in the RSTV unless there is no other possible solution . . . because rear side curtain airbags may not all come down far enough to offer adequate head protection for children sitting on the vehicle seat -- the RSTV does crash test (frontal) more like a harness than a booster, but I haven't put much effort into finding out just how low various rear side curtain airbags deploy....

That said, the RSTV has absolutely been my wisest CR buy since kiddo outgrew RF limits. Because it is so versatile. Luckilly kiddo has very rarely, even with frequent carpool/carshare use, had to use it outboard & then only because there was no center seat + there was no shoulder belt. The RSTV was the only safe solution. Whenever possible, I try to use it only in the center, but if the center is taken by another carseat then I prefer kiddo use a highback booster outboard.

I love the RSTV & I believe it is a great buy for the $

I also believe there are far less compatability issues with the RSTV than more typical CRs. Misuse is always an issue, but, IME, the RSTV is easier to teach the child how to make sure other adults don't make mistakes :)

Since you know kiddo doesn't mind the RSTV, i'd say the biggest issue (other than affordability) is making sure there's a center shoulder belt or top tether anchor for a lap-only belt. I'm sure you're already onto that, though.

The size large might seem roomy at first, but I think your DD would fit. My kid outgrew the small by height before she was heavy enough for the large & it was a little worrisome to make the switch at first, but it is more about reducing risks than it is about eliminating all risk.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC