What do you think of the Simmons Pearl?

Alyse

So, I saw this stroller and really like some of its features. It folds small enough to fit in the overhead storage in an airplane, takes the graco snugride car seat, I really like the design, the child can face you or forward and adjustable handles. However, I don't know of anywhere that carries them in a B & M store. I live near Portland, Oregon but I am going to go to Seattle this weekend so somewhere between here and there would be ideal.

Does anyone know how this rolls over sidewalks on a tree lined street (read older bumpy side walks in some parts). That's mostly what we use our current stroller for. It has a lower weight limit that I originally thought I wanted- my guy is in the 25% for weight and will probably stay on the smaller side so I am thinking that by then any stroller will have taken a beating and I would want a new one anyways- I like new things what can I say?

So, anybody know anything about them?

http://www.amazon.com/Delta-Childrens-Products-Simmons-Stroller/dp/B001C40GCK

ADS

MySillyKids

I'd like to see the fold. Here's a youtube of it very generic review, she didn't even put her kid in it! LOL!! the recline is cool i guess.

From just looking at it:

only holds kids to 40lbs
sunshade is meh, i don't like the 'see thru' side pannels on it.

What's your budget?

Alyse

Depends- if it is something SPECTACULAR then I will save for it. Otherwise about $200- give or take. I was thinking about saving up for a Phil & Ted (I have a niece a couple months younger than my 8 month old and a friend with an 8 month old and we are out often together- by the time I saved for that maybe one could ride in the toddler seat. I don't know if there is a minimum age on it but it would be right around when he hit a year that I could get it).

I was just thinking that it looked really cool and some cool features but don't really see any real reviews for it. Just a sentence or too. I also saw the you tube video and I am curious about the fold too.

My little guy is 17 pounds currently and hasn't grown since 4 months (he was up 4 ounces in 4 months, and a 1/4 inch). Were thinking food allergy at this point but they want to wait until a year to do the blood test. I have cut out all dairy from my diet (I'm still breast feeding) and that has helped but still no growth. He has had diarrhea for a month...poor guy. But because of this we don't expect him to grow too fast. Although he could surprise us.

MySillyKids

the vast majority of us on the board LOOOOOOVVVVVEEEE our baby joggers.

I currently have the baby Jogger City Mini Double, but i'm saving for the Baby Jogger City Mini Single

(you can click on the names of the stroller for the info about them, i made them clickable :) )

Sorry to hear about your little guy. I too, have a BF'd baby, who didn't gain anything for 6 months, but i didn't know about it. I thought she was fine, and when we went for her 9 month check, she hadn't gained ANY WEIGHT. She actually lost a few oz. We promptly took her to a GI doc. She had several tests done, and we now have things figured out.

I wouldn't wait. I was able to get her stuff going before she was even a year old. Waiting is NOT good. the longer you wait, the more their teeny bodies can not get the nourishment they need.

If you need anymore info about what we went through, you can PM me. :)

Overall, i HIGHLY suggest the Baby Jogger City Mini Single.

Fantastic sunshade, Great recline, SUPER fold!!!

:)

Alyse

The baby jogger city mini is what I'm leaning towards although I like the pearl better. Darn low weight limit- although I'm sure I will want something new by the time he hits that anyway. I just don't like the name- it makes me feel like I have to jog with it then I feel lazy for not wanting too. Im sure I will get over that quick. My husband really liked it too so maybe we will get one. I just wasn't sold on the colors either. I figure for $200 I should get what I want darn it!

We have a very conservative pediatrician. His answer is "let's wait and see" to everything. But I'm tired of waiting it out. He is a great guy, great doctor, but this is my first baby. I just want answers.

MySillyKids

Then go beyond him. Your Dr's mentality IS NOT one thats okay with a FTT baby.

See someone else in practice. Find a new dr. do something that will allow your baby to thrive.

And yes, the BJCMS is awesome. I have no desire to jog with mine :p

MoreLatte

The baby jogger city mini is what I'm leaning towards although I like the pearl better. I just don't like the name- it makes me feel like I have to jog with it then I feel lazy for not wanting too. Im sure I will get over that quick. My husband really liked it too so maybe we will get one. I just wasn't sold on the colors either. I figure for $200 I should get what I want darn it!

No need to feel guilty, you can't jog with the Mini anyway, the wheels are too small (it says in the manual it is not intended for jogging):)

The Mini is a great stroller, though. Its really lightweight and the fold is awesome!

lovinwaves

This Simmons Pearl would not be a good stroller for what you are wanting to use it for. I would suggest 100 strollers before suggesting this one. That you can't find reviews on this stroller, should send up red flags to avoid it. Also, a low weight limit of 33lbs, screams to me "CHEAP STROLLER!"

I just don't like the name- it makes me feel like I have to jog with it then I feel lazy for not wanting too.

No, no...this is NOT a jogging stroller. Not in any way, shape, or form. The name of the company who makes it is "Baby Jogger."

This is a city stroller, and great for shopping.

With the ground conditions you are going to be pushing your child on, I would highly recommend a stroller with air tires.

Take some time, and do a forum search of "Baby Jogger", and start reading :D

Also, this review may help... Even though it's for a double, the single is the same http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=75153

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC