I think I'll be installing the infant seat today!

Kellyr2

I won't go into gory details but my bet is that today is the big day and the baby is coming. If not today, then I'd say tomorrow and it'll just be one heck of a long early labor (I was stuck at 4 for 12 hours with Mikayla, so that wouldn't be a shocker).
I'm homebirthing and our midwife is flying up from GA (we're in NC) so I'm just praying the timing all works out!
But how sad is it that I'm excited because this means that at some point during the day, I'll be heading out to install the SafeSeat? LOL I've been dying to put it in there permanently, but it would just get in the way until we actually need it and since it takes less than a minute to get it in there right, there's just been no need to do it early.
Well, not that I plan on driving anywhere in the next couple days, so I guess technically, we still dont' need it... but I'm putting that sucker in there! LOL

ADS

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

Contratulations and I hope you have a easy labor and delivery. Midwives are wonderful. I had one with all four of mine. Although they wouldn't come to our home for a delivery. I think that is wonderful for you. I wish they had come to our house. Our babies came fast. Best wishes. ;)

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
Have a great labor!!!! You sound so excited. A lovely emotional milepost.

Enjoy! And have fun installing the seat. :)

Wendy

RubysGirl

Oh joy! Have fun. I can't wait to birth again, it's so exciting to see your little one for the first time and fall in love.

Lys

Senior Community Member
Oh wow! Kelly! (( gentle labor vibes))
Let me know if you need any help with the seats!

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
I'm so jealous, but I know I shouldn't be yet. lol I hope things go well and I can't wait to hear all about it!

Tara

awesome!

have fun with the seat...but most of all, wishing you the best for labor.

wow...that's a good trek for a midwife eh? mine travelled 2 hr for me... only cuz we knew her and had her at a previous birth..so, she jumped at the chance to work with us again...then again a *wee* bit closer.. 1.5 hr
I love homebirth midwives

Kellyr2

Seat's in, baby's out! :D
Thankfully, yet again, it was just 3 hrs of active labor. But total of 21 hours! He was posterior for quite a long while, I think that's why it took so long. He'd been flipping for weeks. After over 12 hours of labor, I finally got him to flip back anterior.
I put the seat in shortly after I posted before, and then realized that duh, our driveway isn't flat. So I'll have to double check the recline before we go off, which will be a few days anyway.
Tara - yep, long trip lol. This is the same one we used with Mikayla, and her dh works for Delta, so she could fly for free. That also meant she flew standby... so got bumped off of one flight, another was cancelled for mechanical problems, so she wound up flying into Raleigh instead of Fayetteville (nearly 2 hrs away!) So I had 2 friends who helped get her from the airport to our house. It was quite a day.
She forgot the scale, so we just have an estimate weight, based on weighing ourselves and then weighing while holding him - he's around 8 lbs.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC