Anybody ever look at the carseat videos at youtube?

ADS

Simplysomething

I wonder if that one is not in the US?
And now you got me looking for 'em. lol

Ugh.
Oh well, I'll probably never have video of my kids in the car while we are moving...because I haven't mastered driving while taping yet...

heh

Dillipop

The last one in rubysgirl's post had an 11 month old (tomorrow according to the mom) in a recaro young sport! Why would you spend $250 to put you child who should at least be rfing for 1 more month, in a young sport? They could have spent about the same to put her in a nice safe rearfacing marathon or boulevard!

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I can't view these on this computer, but I have snippets of memories with my dad holding me in front of him in the driver's seat while I was small enough to stand on the seat & hold the steering wheel ... while the vehicle was in motion *SIGH*

My SO has video'd us all in the car with me driving to NYC & back -- it was on the laptop, which was stolen, though :( It showed Leila RF in the BLVD at 4 yrs & his niece in the Husky at 8 yrs :D (along with me nagging him to turn & sit correctly because it was making me anxious!) :p

I only watched the first one, and I can't make myself go watch any more. :( I kept expecting a crash, and to see that poor little baby's body ripped in half... :eek: Thankfully, at the end, he panned out to show the mother walking toward the car, and they weren't moving. But I'm sure they had to drive away with him buckled up like that at some point! :(

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Oh yikes, yikes, not remotely safe in most of the links posted above. A forward facing infant seat with baby and carseat both buckled in using the vehicle's seatbelt???? Were these entries in a worst carseat misuse ever contest? Unbelievable. :mad:

juliebug

i think the last one with the 16m old driving freaked me out the most. I mean i can only imagine what could happen if they were in an accident. She was right by the sterring wheel that probley had an air bag.
The miss use of carseat was bad too. ugh.

Simplysomething

Babies in parked cars

i think the last one with the 16m old driving freaked me out the most. I mean i can only imagine what could happen if they were in an accident. She was right by the sterring wheel that probley had an air bag.

Okay, when my youngest was teenier (he's 18 months this month)...probably less than 6 months old, his paternal grandparents drove up. The one got out and was cuddling him, the other waited in the van, with the thing in park, but it was still on.

She proceeded to hand the baby through the window to him, so he could have a cuddle too. I freaked out. They all made fun of me, because the car wasn't moving. I say, that there was an airbag RIGHT there, so this was unsafe. I don't know if it matters if the car is on or not, but surely, in that case, it wasn't. Was it? I mean, what if someone had come careening down our street and hit the van, it could have made his airbags go off and that could have injured or killed MY baby.

SO, what do you guys think?

lovinwaves

Simplysomething said:
Okay, when my youngest was teenier (he's 18 months this month)...probably less than 6 months old, his paternal grandparents drove up. The one got out and was cuddling him, the other waited in the van, with the thing in park, but it was still on.

She proceeded to hand the baby through the window to him, so he could have a cuddle too. I freaked out. They all made fun of me, because the car wasn't moving. I say, that there was an airbag RIGHT there, so this was unsafe. I don't know if it matters if the car is on or not, but surely, in that case, it wasn't. Was it? I mean, what if someone had come careening down our street and hit the van, it could have made his airbags go off and that could have injured or killed MY baby.

SO, what do you guys think?

I totally agree with you. You can never be too safe!! I have heard of airbags going off in small fender benders in parking lots. Your concerns only make you a SUPER DUPER mommy!!! Don't let anyone tell you that you are being paranoid!!

lovinwaves

It looks like they only have the legs straps harnessed in. I have done that a couple of time just to make sure my dd didn't escape while I was finalizing getting out the door. She hated it when I strapped her in all the way, unless I was moving her immediately. I know they aren't suppose to be in their carseats other than for car safety, but occassionally if I was watching her or playing with her like those people were I was ok with it. But, their straps do look kind of funny?

Lara

Its european I think.

If you read the little caption thing that is in the upper right hand side of the page, it says that he didn't like being strapped in, so they improvised and did it differently.:(

Lara

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC