who has expired seats in their garage?

ADS

MomToEliEm

I have a roundabout out there as well as an old fisher price booster. I need to clean those out, though I should probably look at the roundabout covers (cool blues and popsicle) and see if they are still in okay condition.

Amaris

Mine is in the basement. I have a marathon that's not quite expired but can't be used. It's just sitting there. I hate to destroy it.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Oh, my laptop is staying. It is part of the permanent collection. I do have expired/crashed/nasty seats in my spare room, garage, van, truck and trailer. we are working on cleaning out the truck today and hope to take a load to recycle in a couple weeks!

My blog has pics of what I have already recycled.

glockchick

I have a Turbo Booster in the front hallway that I've already stripped the cover off of. I don't need the cover, but I don't want to just toss it either. Seems like such a waste.

AtTheSouthDam

I have in my garage a Britax Super Elite and the base to an Evenflo On my way. The car seat will join it when DD2 inevitably tires of it. My friend has more to add to my collection then I will be heading to the car seat recycling drop off up north.

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
Last year I donated our > 2yo Boulevard and ~4yo Husky after they were in the crash that totaled my car (unoccupied). I gave them to my local Safe Kids coalition so they could use them as example seats (they were both in great condition).

I currently have a three seats in my basement:

Graco TurboBooster (only 3yo so not close to expiring) - Using as a back up booster for dd.
Fisher Price Stay In View - Sadly it is expired but I can't bring myself to part with it.
Britax Advantage - Expired and trying to figure out what to do w/ it!

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I tossed a couple Right Fits a couple weeks ago. Yeah, I know they don't technically expire, but the labels were coming off, they were DOM 2001, and I didn't really need them, as much as I LOVED them for 3-across...
Laptop and possibly a Turbo and Polo at grandma's house, and our RA there might be expired next time we visit.
Barbie and Hotwheels Evenflo Sightseers are getting dusty in the attic.

Kyras_Mama

We have one that was my nephew's spare seat in our spare room.. don't even know what it is off hand, I think it's an evenflo, definitely expired though! Just waiting until there's another recycling even around here that I actually catch in time to get it to. I'm pretty sure it's not anything worth saving a cover from.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Molly, Legacy will always take seats. I take them straight to their recycling center.

1331 NW 21st avenue, Portland

houseofboys

I have a recently expired FP Grow-With-Me and a Laptop. I'm keeping the Laptop but need to get that FP seat disposed of...

cookie123

My Roundabout expired this month. It hurt me to get rid of it. I didn't use it that much and it was like new. I did sell the cover for $25 though! That helped me feel better.

I have some unexpired seats I'd like to sell. I'll get motivated soon, I'm sure.

Stretchy Glue

I have a laptop that will live with me forever, and I have a Dale Earnhardt Combo booster that we saved. DH wants to hang it in his shop some day, with all the other Nascar stuff we've collected.

BeckC

I have a crashed Comfort Sprort and Evenflo Confidence booster, but neither are expired.

Qarin

I have a Roundabout and the coverless base of a Turbobooster I got on Freecycle. I'm thinking to hang on to them until May, when I'll be in Vancouver, WA, and maybe can find where to bring them to recycle there (or could drive in to Portland, too)

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
So I am not the only one with an expired laptop. I might keep mine too.

A guy gave me one today, so it will be coming to omaha to get recycled. Hope to get a few more to take to omaha.

disbugsmomma

How about in the living room. :eek: I have a 1999 AO sitting by my front door that I have to figure out how to destroy. It was my little sister's seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC