OMG! I can't believe it!

:thumbsup:I have been talking to a mom at my daycare girl's school about carseat saftey. She has 8 kids and all in nothing or low back booster. 4 month old was FF in a crappy expired seat.
Mom believes she should have as many children as God gives them. I just got to talking to her one day about the sing on the back of her van saying, "Pregnant need help". So, then we started talking about carseat saftey. She said she just picks them up at thrift stores, or gets them at garage sales.

Well, today she said they got back their tax money and she was thinking about what I said and thinks she should go ahead and get new seats. (I guess they were in a close call the other day-makes you think!

She is getting the seats tonight and tomorrow I am going to Show her how to install them. YAY!

She is getting(I made a list for her)(She needed cheap seats)

4 month old: RF Scenera (TEENY)
15 month old: Scenera (average)
28 month old: Evenflo Triumph Advance (TEENY)
3 year old: Graco Nautilus (average)
4 year old: Graco Nautilus (TEENY)
5 year old: Graco High back booster (average)
5 year old: Graco High back booster (average)
6 year old: Graco High back booster (size of the 5 year olds)
8 year old: Graco High back booster(size of the 5 year olds)-preemie

And a couple of Low back boosters (3 of them) for when dad takes the oldest 3 out by themselves).

I am so happy!!!!! YAY!!!!

ADS

ginny4

That is so awesome! Yay!
when you have to buy 8 new seats. those get expensive FAST. so they are still spending alot of money at once. but what a great investment.

henrietta

wtg!!! :) if the efta won't work next to all the other seats, he might fit in the avenue which is much narrower.

MoreLatte

A 4 month old in a FF seat:eek:
I'm so glad that you talked to her and she was receptive to it:thumbsup: Sounds like a great plan, seat-wise.

I'm curious, is the sign in her van meant to be funny or is she actually advertising that she is pregnant and needs things for her unborn baby??

Maedze

It's great about the seats, and great she was receptive :thumbsup:

What did the sign on the back of her car mean? And uh, what on earth does she drive, a bus? LOL.

obamamama

Way to go! I wonder if OctoMom had one of those signs-- or just one that says "have 14 kids need help!"

LOL! About the sign. No, it is one of those that the Catholic churches give away. Pregnant need help call..... (So, people don't abort).

She drove a 15 passenger dodge sprinter(like john and kate plus 8).
I don't think she is going to have a problem with the ETA, if she does I already told her to get an avenue. She wanted all ETA's so that the adjusting would be easy when they grow, but couldn't afford it.

I told her I wanted her van ;-)! I am so glad she is going to do it. I wonder if she would let me take a pic of all the seats? LOL! ;-) I don't want to freak her out though. I will see.

Maedze

:ROTFLMAO: I thought it was a desparate plea for assistance...like "HELP ME I AM TRAPPED IN THIS BUS WITH A LOT OF KIDS AND THEY'RE ALL CALLING ME 'MOM'...."

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
:ROTFLMAO: I thought it was a desparate plea for assistance...like "HELP ME I AM TRAPPED IN THIS BUS WITH A LOT OF KIDS AND THEY'RE ALL CALLING ME 'MOM'...."

:D

My dh actually got this shirt for Xmas this past year.."Who are all these kids and why are they calling me Dad??" LOL..:love:

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
Glad they have a sprinter. We have a family on our block that has 8 and they drove a van with no head support. After she came to a carseat check 1.5 year ago she was using a backless, which we got changed to a highback that someone had given them. None were expired then but I bet some are getting close now.

niccig

Well done, that's a lot of seats to get and 8 kids who will be riding safely.

I don't think she is going to have a problem with the ETA, if she does I already told her to get an avenue.

We have an uptown and a teeny 4 yo. 34 lbs and 38", he still has 1.5" of room until he's even with the top slot. I think he's going to get to 5 yo in it. So, the Avenue can be a good choice for the petite kids.

Does she know about the multiples discount at BRU - might help save some money. Or Albee baby for some of the seats?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC