Need Mini Van Advice...

Shilohsmom

We're seriously looking at an 05 Odyssey Touring edition, an 07 odyssey lx (I said we wouldn't buy it w/o a dvd for the price he wants) or an 05 sienna (same thing, dealer will install a dvd).

Thoughts on these 3 vehicles? We travel A LOT...2-3 weekends a month we're out of town. The dvd player is alluring and a must in my book since we travel so much.

I'll sit back and wait for y'alls :twocents:

ADS

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
If you want tether anchors to the max. or near max. in every rear seating position, pass on the '05 Ody because the '05 Ody has just one tether anchor in the third row, for the center position. Otherwise it has full LATCH in both second row captain's chairs, but having only one tether anchor in the third row is a bit of an Achilles heel in an otherwise great minivan. Additional third row tether anchors cannot be retrofitted in the '05 Ody. :( Honda remedied the tether anchor situation for the '06 model year Ody, and every second row outboard and every third row seating position in the '06 and newer Odys have tether anchors. :thumbsup: '04 and newer Siennas have full LATCH (lower anchors plus a tether anchor) in all rear seating positions, except for the third row driver's side which lacks lower anchors and doesn't have a tether anchor.

cristalyte

I don't think the '05 Sienna will have Electronic Stability Control or Side Curtain Airbags.... Those are two major safety features that I am definately shopping for.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Good point. ESC, side curtain and front side torso airbags were optional rather than standard equipment in the '04-'05 model year Siennas. Side curtain and front side torso airbags became standard for the Sienna for the '06 model year, and I'm not sure about exactly when ESC became standard in the Sienna. The '05 and newer Odys have ESC and side curtain and front side torso airbags as standard equipment (can you tell that I was a minivan shopper back in 2005 and have this info. imprinted on my brain, lol).

firemomof3

This was a difficult decision for us too. I really liked the security of the side curtain airbags that went all the way to the 3rd row in the new T&C but with only 3 tethers...
The 04-05' 8 passenger Siennas; I can put my 3 kids in the 2nd row tethered plus the reliablity of a Sienna cannot compare to a Dodge/Chysler product. I figure all my kids will be in either a harness or booster for the next 5 years anyway so I can get away not having the side curtain airbags. But once our kids are in seat belts, then I'll probably want the s.c.a :twocents:

Shilohsmom

I think we're signing the papers tomorrow on our '07 Odyssey. It wasn't the suped-up touring edition, but I pitched a big enough fit that the dealer is going to install a DVD player in it for us:eek:

New van and new car seats. Can life get any better?:love:

Shilohsmom

We are the new proud owners of a 2007 Honda Odyssey!!! And my new seats should be here tomorrow!!!!

I'll post pics as soon as I get the seats installed.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC