Guess what I saw? Not a bad thing, just-creepy

Stretchy Glue

I live in a town that is slightly behind the times with regards to car safety. We can sit at a clinic in my town for 4 hours and not one person will show up. So at the grocery store this weekend (which I NEVER go to) I saw the strangest thing. I drive a silver Envoy, and right now in my truck I have a Monterey on the right and a FPSVD on the left. I walked out of the store that I hate (the only grocery store in town and I usually drive to the next town to grocery shop) and I walked up to what I thought was my car. It even had one of the custom trailer hitch reciever covers that my dad makes on it. IT WASN'T MY TRUCK! The craziest thing was that in the back seat of this was A MONTEREY and a MARATHON!!!!!!!!!!!

H always jokes when she sees my "twin" car, but this was creepy twin like. I have a pink Monterey, this was grey, but still. Then, they have one of the reviever covers that can only be bought through my dad! Granted, mine is a Harley Davidson, their's was a bear, but I have the bear at my house too!

ADS

laccaycol

lol that is creepy. How funny that they have almost the same as you seats and trailer hitch that is too weird. I have yet to see any car that has any seats that i do in it let alone one exactly like mine.

scatterbunny

There are Focuses all over my town that are the same color as mine, so I see "twin cars" pretty often, BUT I'd definitely be freaking out if any of them had an Indy Plus (or even a Parkway)! :cool: Very cool, Joni!

Nisha

That's too wierd! Did you wait around for the owners to come out so you could see them?!

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
LOL....my car is not very popular, and there is exactly *ONE* other one in town...i nearly drove off the road when I encourtered it coming down the road one day...lol.

dd9736

LOL, that's funny.

I have a friend who really liked the EFTA so much that she got one for her DD, one day DH and I were on our way into a store, and I look over, and almost freak out that someone else had the same seat, as almost everyone has 3in1's around here. Then I looked at the car, and realised, my friend was there too, and it was her car.

keri1292

I had this old, maroon purplish Toyota Previa. There was another guy in my neighborhood with the same van. We waved to each other every time we passed. :D

Our truck is really ugly so we used to wave to others with the same truck. Then there was a monster rebate and suddenly our truck is everywhere now.

Now, we just smile at others who have our sedan. It has the double moonroof so it's very distinctive and relatively rare. These drivers tend to be older so they don't seem to wave. But if I smile, they smile back cuz I notice we're checking each other's cars out.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
How weird! I wonder if they know you and are trying to be like you?:D

My kids are constantly yelling "mommy car! mommy car!" when they see one that is the same color as mine. My car used to be rare since we were one of the first to buy it when the body style changed but now that they have been out for 2 years they are everywhere so I hear it often.

skaterbabs

I drive a Cherokee, they're a dime a dozen, even when you narrow it down to JUST the green 2 door models. lol

I've never seen one with seats like mine though. :p

murphydog77

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
How weird! There are at least 2 other vans like mine at our school with dark tinting and we all seem park in the same area to pick up kids, lol (you can approach the school from 2 directions). I have my CPS stickers low on each side of the back window and one of the owners of another van like mine put her own stickers in the exact same spots. Argh! If only she'd copy what was inside, like your admirer did ;).

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Uh, yeah, that would be creepy.

There's a woman in my town with two Regents in her van. Every time I see her I do a double-take, and then I have to stop myself from waving! :D

Kat_Momof3

could they have somehow gotten to mention carseats in front of your dad?? And maybe you've had an effect on him??

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
Maybe it was the same person who put that note on your car about the lack of HUGS on your FPSVD-in-MA-clothing.

emandbri

That is awesome! I've never seen any car with a monterey or radian. You should have stuck around this person is obviously meant to be your friend! :D

Stretchy Glue

could they have somehow gotten to mention carseats in front of your dad?? And maybe you've had an effect on him??

It's doubtful. My dad is one of those put it in and I'll buckle them tightly guys. He knows nothing about car seats, and has no desire to.

Anna, it could have been that same person:shrug-shoulders: except this time I was in my own glorious town shopping. The note on the car was at the grocery store I LIKE to shop at.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
That is creepy, lol. I once walked up to a dark red Saturn L100 sedan in a parking lot, thinking it was our car. I started to freak because no Regent or RF Marathon/Blvd. were visible in the back seat. I thought someone had stolen our seats. :eek: Then I pressed the unlock button on my keyfob, and the car door locks didn't respond. I pressed the unlock button again with no apparent response. Then I pressed the lock button and heard a horn beep from another car, and realized our Saturn was parked a few spaces away, hidden from view by a large SUV. Oops. :p The extra funny aspect is that so few Saturns like that were/are around at all compared to many dopplegangers for our Sienna. I walk up to the wrong gold minivan pretty frequently.

obamamama

LOl, creepy is right!
I have seen Twin cars here all the time, but my van is the only one with a Radian in it, and probably the only ERF kid too! Most seats out here are Graco but I have seen MA's since you can buy them at the Aafes site (we live on a USAF base). Most have way too many aftermarket items on them for my liking.
I thought it was funny when we first got here- we saw more of dh's car- 92 Grand Caravan with wood paneling on the side-- Ewww, no one in Denver drove one!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC