Mac XLR- does the Key Fit or Flex Loc fit?

ADS

Kat_Momof3

Fits most major U.S. car seats:
Britax Companion
Combi Center
Combi Connection
Combi Tyro
Cosco Designer 22
Cosco Eddie Bauer
Evenflo Discovery
Graco Snug Ride - Safe Seat
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio

these are the seats listed as being compatible on maclarenbaby.com

however, you never know until you try.

is there a store that carries it near you that also carries the chicco infant seat??

Now, by googling the question, I found a thread on windsorpeak (BBB's board) where someone says that they had the stroller (ended up not keeping the stroller) and the keyfit and that it does work with that seat...

now, on another score, the XLR is a pretty heavy stroller and the seat is no taller than other macs (I've actually found it to be shorter.... my friend had it and got rid of it)... I'd be more inclined to go with the easy traveler and a regular Techno or just go with a Peg P3 or Inglesina Zippy.

ZephyrBlue

thanks kat. nope, can't try them around here, ugh.

i'm a mac snob :eek: have never loved the p3 or any of the other pegs that i've had. and the zippy, eh, not over the moon about it. i am kicking myself for selling my last XT (even though it didn't take an infant seat), and may just buy another one of those if i find one that i love for a good price. would love to play w/the XLR and the key fit or flex loc, though.

jamesoja

Here is the response I received from Mac a few months back when I sent them the question...

Thank you for your e-mail

Please see below the list of car seats compatible with the USA Techno
XLR.

Britax Companion
Graco Snug Ride-Safe Seat
Peg Perego Primo Viaggio

I apologize for any inconvenience caused and hope this may be of help.

Kind regards.

Rob Markham
Customer services Co-ordinator
Maclaren Europe Limited
Station Works, Long Buckby, Northamptonshire NN6 7PF
Tel: +44(0)1327 841320
Fax: +44(0)1327 841395

-----Original Message-----
Sent: 29 December 2008 05:59
To: infomui
Subject: infant seat compatibility with Chicco KeyFit?

Greetings,

I am very interested in purchasing a Techno XLR. I would like to know
if the Techno XLR is compatible with the Chicco KeyFit?

NVMBR02

Offically it doesn't work but I have seen people using the XLR with the keyfit. I am planning on doing it and if it doesn't work then I am going to buy the easy traveler (or worst case the snap and go, which I don't like as much as other poeple seem to) since that seems to work according to several people I know. I picked up a NIB XLR on craigslist awhile back. I haven't used it yet but it looks like it will be fine for what we want. I also have a Quest and 2 Volos. My plan is to keep the XLR and sell one Volo and my Quest. I am not worried about any of my children outgrowing a stroller since I tend to only keep them for a year or so anyway.

indigoblossom

thanks kat. nope, can't try them around here, ugh.

i'm a mac snob :eek: have never loved the p3 or any of the other pegs that i've had. and the zippy, eh, not over the moon about it. i am kicking myself for selling my last XT (even though it didn't take an infant seat), and may just buy another one of those if i find one that i love for a good price. would love to play w/the XLR and the key fit or flex loc, though.

you know i'm a mac snob, too and i hated the XLR with a passion. of course, had i wanted it for the carseat compatibility i might have liked it more but avery was way past is infant seat days when we got it. i felt, for the bulk and extra weight it was NOT worth it. i'd do what someone else suggested and get the maclaren traveller and then a regular techno later.

i just got an owen (on my beloved ryder frame...my favorite mac stroller BY FAR) and a twin triumph. we'll see but those along with the vogue i have should be the only strollers in our lives once i sell the P3 and unless i ever end up with another jogger. lol!

as far as seat compatibility, though...did you get that keyfit from target???
jealous if you did ;) they should both work. i only took avery's flex loc out of the car and put it on a grocery cart once or twice but i have been checking out everything i could at baby depot and BRU and the flex loc worked on all major strollers. of course, then i had to sell it because the thing would not install with the base in my car, but whatever. i'll use the companion and just never remove it because it's such a PITA! okay, enough thread hijacking...on to happy shopping for you :)

Kat_Momof3

I agree... I love every mac and even love the handle height on the XLR... but then I lift it, or try to put a kid in it... and the love falls to the ground... the short seat, the heavy weight, and all for a stroller that says it should hold more... ugh.

Damian could hop in the volo when he was over 80lbs (not last halloween, the one before it... his legs just were so worn out from the growing pains)... Macs will hold past their high weight limits.

I honestly think that lighter is better and is the whole reason to go for a Mac, so for carseat compatibility, I'd get an Easy Traveller (oh, I love that thing... I think there is always room for one for quick trips/rainy days when you're in hurry to get inside... and I'm a babywearer) and a regular techno or a quest for following it up/using when I don't use the easy traveller.

BUT I hope that you're one of the few that like this stroller.

I wish stroller love for everyone when they buy any stroller... no one should regret what they buy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC