Are the Britax Couture seats comfy?

glockchick

I like the prints better on those and was just wondering if they're as comfy as the regular Britax seats. I was thinking I'd get couture for summer since they're not plush they might be cooler. Are they?

Then I already have an Ashley cover for winter for the girl and I could buy something fuzzy for the boy.

Sound like a good plan?

Yeah, the Radians are not going to work. :p

ADS

Maggie

We just got a dragonfly couture cover. I'd have to compare it curtain material. However, not in a bad way. DD1 had a plush cover on her Marathon and always got hot. It also pilled pretty badly and wore through in spots. This cover seems likes it will hold up much better. I know some of the couture covers have a bad rap for falling apart, but mine is 3 years old and looks brand new.

U

Unregistered

I absolutely love my couture cover. It is more like upholstery, and just looks so much nicer to me than the plush covers.

Stresch

We have the Daisy. It's really nice in the summer, definitely less hot than the plush. However, it doesn't wear as well. It's pilling a bit and fading more than the plush covers. It's not falling apart at all, just not as pretty as it was.

munchkin

I prefer the couture covers (I think I will especially like them in the summer). Those are the only covers I won't let M & E choose from, because I want to save them for my kiddos.

I think I have had 5 Couture covers and they have all held up pretty well. The worse is just a little pilly.

Last edited:

Mystie81

I have the gray eclipse couture cover, and i love it! I've only used it for a lil over 6 months though , but its still in like new condition. I used it in the summer, it is definitely less hot than the plush covers. They aren't scratchy or anything either.

glockchick

Thanks! I just ordered Eclipse Tan for the boy and Sunburst for the girl. :D

I need to fix the elastic on my Freedom cover for Abi (or whoever) to use until August. It's warm here already.

I'll reevaluate whether or not she still needs a 5 pt when our current MA expires. I think she'll probably be ready for a booster then. She'll be 5 yrs, 3 months and over 40 lbs. She just had a growth spurt and gained a few pounds. She went from her pants being long to showing ankles and weighing 39 lbs to 42 in what seem like days. How do they do that? :eek:

G8r4evr

Im guessing there is no way to order a sample of the couture fabrics?? I would love to order the Eclipse Grey, but I dont feel comforable spending that much money without being able to feel the fabric first.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC