My Radians came and one was broken

glockchick

My Radians came - both Princesses have rust on the Safe Stops and one has a broken piece of plastic

:( Right out of the box. And the box wasn't beat up at all so I'm fairly certain it didn't happen during shipping.

A piece of plastic right below the sticker that says forward belt path is broken clean off. I'm still waiting to hear back about it.

I haven't played with them yet because of that. I also got the new version of the Manhattan and both Princess seats are the old version. I'm seeing if I can return Princess ones for new versions. The memory foam seems so much more comfy.

Added info about the safe stops in a later post

Last edited:
ADS

christineka

Yeah, who'd you order from? I'm waiting for my princess radian to come on Thursday. I really want a newer one.

solmama

That's too bad, and there's nothing more exciting than a new carseat...only to find that it's broken. Hopefully customer service will come through for you.

glockchick

Elite Car Seats

They emailed me a FedEx slip and I'm shipping it back to them and when they get it they'll replace it. I figure that will take at least a couple of weeks. Which really doesn't help me much because I need the seats now.

They didn't even answer if they'll replace the other princess with a newer one. Guess I'll have to email them back. :rolleyes:

glockchick

Oh my gosh! I just noticed that on both the princess seats there is rust on the metal part of the Safe Stop device. Not cool! They are for sure both going back. I'm starting to get mad. :mad:

The Manhattan one is fine.

Still waiting to hear back if they'll ship the new seats before receiving the messed up ones....

glockchick

Thanks. I have to pay tax at WM though. I think I'm sending them all back anyway and just sticking with Britax. I couldn't get a tight install rear facing and the buckle kept slipping in the crack and getting stuck when I was threading it. Not worth the hassle for the little bit of extra room.

I'm so frustrated with car seats right now. :(

Ahhh, I understand.

Ughhh, I understand your frustration! I was messing with carseats for 2 hours in my van this afternoon, and decided I need a 15 passenger van so I can only use britax for easy installation.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC