Any interest in a seat placement game?

Kaylasmom

My DD is currently in a RFing Britax DIP on the drivers side in both cars.

Stats:
DD: 20 months, ~21-22 lbs, don't know torso height but she's getting close to outgrowing RFing height reqs.
Cars: 02 Nissan Pathfinder - no LATCH, center lap belt only
03 VW Passat w/ outboard LATCH

Situation:
I'm currently 28 wks prg with #2 and will be getting one of the larger infant seats (so I'll need a large front to back space) and I'm considering trading up the Dips for either Blvd or Blvd CS (just to get the Cow :) ). We got the Dips so that my tall DH could move his seat all of the way back and not have seat fit problems. If I move her up to the Blvds, I'll have to move the seat to the passenger side. But would the larger infant seats fit into the same space that a RFing Dip fit? Where would you put them? I could do center of my car, but I'm not sure I want to have to fight with the lap belt only at this stage in my pregnancy in his car. Thoughts?

ADS

Maedze

Hi :D

I love seat games :love: :whistle:

First off...Congrats on the new little :love:

Secondly, isn't the Cowmoo just fantastic ? :whistle:

Thirdly, the fit issue. Obviously you know a 20 month old doesn't need the full recline. I'm sure if you bought a Boulevard, you can install it upright enough that DH can still push the seat all the way back in both cars. Do you know the upright-install trick of pulling the seat away from the bight of the vehicle seat and pressing down in the feet area as you tighten the seatbelt/LATCH? Britaxes are a dream to install uprightish.

Then you can get a Keyfit30/Snugride32 and put it in the passenger side :)

Kaylasmom

I haven't tried the more upright install - haven't had a need so far. I'll have to try it as soon as I get the Blvds. Thinking about going ahead and ordering now so that I can get them installed before I get too much bigger.

Yeah, I love the Cow. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC