2009 Sienna questions

Oceana

I am going to purchase a 2009 sienna LE 8 seat in the next few months.

First which seats have tethers and for which positions?

Second when we tested our clek ollie in the 3rd row it kinda went out at an angle and did not sit on the seat til my child sat in the booster. It fit fine on the second row. Is this an install concern? Just seats too cushie?

Third what arrangement of seats would you recommend. Also any experienced sienna van owners know how these particular seats fit?

I plan to purchase a Clek oobr when they come out for my soon to be 6 year old (when you look and see that I have an Ollie please note I do not currently use that seat for my soon to be 6 year old it was purchased for taxis and I figured taking it to the dealership to check to make certain the lower anchors were the right width for the clek seats was my ONLY intent) No flames please.

My soon to be 4 year old will be in a Safeguard Child seat (he is almost 40lbs) so I assume I will need to seatbelt install

and my soon to be newborn will be in a Britax Decathalon rear facing

My soon to be 6 year old will need to be able to get in and out for car pool without kicking either of the other children in the head

I will also want to have 1 seat with an installed a graco highback turbo booster for the occational guest of said soon to be 6 year old. This seat does not need to take into consideration the potential of climbing over other kids.

thanks so much for your input
julie

ADS

Jennifer mom to my 7

I am not sure how much the vehicle has changed since the 05 MY but my 05 has full sets of latch in the 3 middle row seats, passenger third row (40 part) and technically third row middle (but it overlaps the driver side seat belt). So, you can tether fine with a seatbelt install middle, but a driver install cannot be tethered ff because the tether anchor is more than 20* off center from that spot.
The latch limit on most siennas that I know of defers to the child restraint, so safeguard says 48 pounds for the child seat, so you could do latch for a while.
Your newborn will not fit in the decathlon for a while. Even my extra big extra long torsoed ds would not fit at birth. Britax has ammended its manuals to state that the harness straps must be at or below the shoulders to use this restraint (no more 1 inch above allowed). So, I don't know what you want to do about that, but I know the dc installs well in the sienna with latch and seatbelt. I have had it center center latch rf and ff, driver and passenger side middle with latch rf, passenger third row rf, middle third row seatbelt both rf and ff, you get the idea.
You can easily install any seats in the center and outboard of the middle row and still be able to flip and fold the other seat for third row access. HTH, any other questions, just ask.
Oh, and I have also installed a regent outboard middle row (both sides) latch and seatbelt, long belt path seatbelt and short belt path seatbelt, and passenger third row lbp.

Oceana

The latch limit on most siennas that I know of defers to the child restraint, so safeguard says 48 pounds for the child seat, so you could do latch for a while.

LOL I suppose why I mentioned that was my own complaining because what makes the safeguard so worth the money is the ease of latch install... Golly I love installing that seat =)

Thanks, I do hope someone else with a sienna 8 seater can chime in about the clek

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Hi, I can't speak to the Clek's install in the Sienna, but wanted to confirm that the '09 model year Sienna's LATCH/tether anchor configuration is the same as Jennifer described for her '05 model. :thumbsup: I also drive an '05 8-passenger Sienna, and checked out the '09 model at the Detroit auto show earlier this year with another car-seat.org member, Bookmama, who actually snapped some pictures of the third row's tether anchors for reference, if I remember correctly. Not sure if she has posted those photos here or not, though. '04 -'09 Siennas have full LATCH (lower LATCH anchors and top tether anchors) in all second row seating positions, and in the third row center and third row passenger side seating positions, and no LATCH nor tether anchor for the third row driver's side.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I'm wondering if the strange fit in the 3rd row was because you were trying it in the middle where the LATCH is offset from the seat?

Oceana

I'm wondering if the strange fit in the 3rd row was because you were trying it in the middle where the LATCH is offset from the seat?

We clicked the Clek in every seating position in the car... and the whole 3rd row it kinda was 1/2 inch above the seat in the front. It did not appear to strain the latch connectors when DS sat on the seat it just squished down the seat padding that was holding it upish.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC