Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic

In search of Graco Cargo

The ultra cargo to be specific. I need one that isn't the crazy padded kind. My niece will only sit without screaming(sensory issues) in the Cargo.

I want my sister to get a radian65 right now, but they can't afford that at the moment and hopefully can once she outgrows the cargo.

She currently is in my Ultra Cargo that is about to expire.

She is 3 years old, 31 pounds, 14.5 inch torso, so if this has at least 2 years of life left on it it would be great.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: In search of Graco Cargo

I have an old Cargo, not a ton of padding. I'll have to check the expiration this week (it's at someone else's home). I think it expires this year or next.
    Mama to Sofi: 7.1 yrs, 46Lbs (47"), Boostered in a Turbo, Vivo, Monterey, Cybex; harnessed in Nautilus
    Nanny to BabyD, 21 months in a RXT, Classic Marathon, Boulevard 70

CPS Fanatic

Thank you!!! I didn't realize it is so hard to find the non-padded kind.
    She has sensory issues and hates alot of padding on anything. My sister said this is the only carseat she will ride in. She has a FPSVD too and she hates it. (that may be on swap soon, lol)

Senior Community Member melniemi's Avatar

I have a Cargo but it expires this Dec. The one she is in should be good until Dec. Graco seats always expire the Dec 6 years after year of manufacture, regardless of the month they were manufactured in.

CPS Fanatic

Oh shoot! Your right it would expire in December. YAY!

I am going to tell her that. Maybe that will help a little. I doubt she will be able to afford a radian until tax time next year(which she would only need a seat for about a month).

I would do a chase, but it doesn't work in 3-across in her tiny nissan sentra(2001ish).

Still looking if anyone has one. Since this one doesn't expire till december she still needs a back up in her husband's car(as they switch cars around-whichever one is working).

Quote Originally Posted by melniemi View Post
    I have a Cargo but it expires this Dec. The one she is in should be good until Dec. Graco seats always expire the Dec 6 years after year of manufacture, regardless of the month they were manufactured in.
    Darnit, I didn't know that, I just trashed a perfectly good one because the date was February 03, so it would have still been good for 9 months, oh well, my 5 yr. old is too heavy and my 2 yr. old is still rf, but I did like that seat...

H-5/99 A-8/03 J-B/D-4/05 E-9/06 and A-10/11