Is K even with this slot?

Amaris

I moved K up to the 3rd slots on her marathon today. I think she's even with them but it's hard to tell. The actual slot is a touch below the slot in the cover. Also, do you think there's any hope we will be able to make it to 3yrs rf'ing?

Last edited:
ADS

NannyMom

Is K still 19 months like in your siggy? She has a long torso. Longer than my DD at almost 30 months. I think she's fine in the 3rd slot. Ummm, I doubt you'll get 17 more months (36 months) RF in there.

Amaris

She just turned 20 months a few days ago....guess I need to update! Yes, she has a much longer torso than either of my boys had at that age. I really want to rf until 3, but I'm thinking I will have to have another seat for that!

NannyMom

She just turned 20 months a few days ago....guess I need to update! Yes, she has a much longer torso than either of my boys had at that age. I really want to rf until 3, but I'm thinking I will have to have another seat for that!

I can see a True Fit in your future ;)

Amaris

Dh isn't going to be happy! Oh well, he will let me do what's safest, but he will complain that we didn't get a tf to begin with.

NannyMom

I guess I'm lucky. DH doesn't ask about carseats. He just knows I'm taking care of it. If she gets a new seats, she must need it :whistle: But then again, I take care of the family's money too.

Sell the MA to buy a TF? Or TF w/ arb :)

Amaris

What's the arb? I guess it's time to start looking at posts about the tf. Uggg, I love my marathon.

flutie128

The new True Fit will have an anti-rebound bar but it has not been released yet. I think late March or early April is when it is suppose to be out.

Amaris

She should be good for a while yet. From what little I've read the tf can't be tethered rf'ing so I would prefer one with the rebound bar.

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I think the 3rd slots are fine.

Torsos start to slow down around this age as the legs play a little catch up. She's still got loads of time left RFing in this seat... I wouldn't be worried about finding another rfing seat just yet. :)

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
I think the 3rd slots are fine.

Torsos start to slow down around this age as the legs play a little catch up. She's still got loads of time left RFing in this seat... I wouldn't be worried about finding another rfing seat just yet. :)

I completely agree.

I think she'll make it to 36mos. 1" torso is usually 2 to 3" overall growth and she has a good 4 or 5" left to grow in the torso. I don't see her growing over 8" in the next 16mos and having a full 1/2 of that torso.

I could be wrong, but I think it's reasonable to expect to get to 3yrs old in the MA. :thumbsup:

Amaris

Great! I will keep watching. I'm hoping that her growth slows in her torso, it's getting hard to find outfits that fit and match because she needs a 4t shirt and 24mth pants!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC