Release date update on the Oobr?

ADS

Girly_Qs

I'd LOVE to know too, as it's one of our considerations.

For now, just trying to sit tight (pun intended, lol) while waiting for the Oobr and the Parkway 120 to weigh them as options against the Monterey before taking the plunge . . ..

Trying (really hard, and not always very successfully) to be patient . . ..

F

Fiwi

Here's a copy of what I just received from Clek :thumbsdown:
We would like to thank you for your interest in our clek booster seats. At this present time we have not been given an exact launch date. We will be releasing oobr in the Spring of 2009 in June. However, we do have stores that will gladly take a pre-order for you. If this may be of interest to you, we then suggest you visit our store locator for a store near you by entering your zip code. Let them know you are interested in setting up a pre-order for oobr and they will gladly assist you. As to our price for oobr, our suggested retail will be, in the US $239.99 and for our special edition Paul Frank it will retail for $254.99. If you are located in Canada then, oobr's suggested retail will be $274.99 and the special edition Paul Frank edition will be $294.99. Please feel free to contact us further if any additional assistance may be desired.
I'm very disappointed. Preorder? Are they kidding? What's the point? The way they've been dragging this out who knows when it will be released. I can't understand how they can be 6 months behind from their original release date. As much as I want this booster, I think it's time to move on and get something else.:(

Girly_Qs

Last I heard was May, I think.

Thanks!

That's the last I'd heard too . . . but since there'd been a couple of delays already, I'm hoping (really hoping!) for May.

Also hoping that May also brings the new Britax (Parkway 120?) so there's even more to consider! :thumbsup:

BW1426

I'm very disappointed. Preorder? Are they kidding? What's the point? The way they've been dragging this out who knows when it will be released. I can't understand how they can be 6 months behind from their original release date. As much as I want this booster, I think it's time to move on and get something else.:(

I don't think 6 months is that bad. We've seen much worse.

I'd guess that if you pre-order and end up needing a seat before the Oobr is released that you could cancel your pre-order.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member

It's not uncommon for projected release dates to be just that, projections, and to shift out over time. Recaro convertible seats, anyone? :whistle: There are other options that could be utilized in the meantime if you must purchase or replace a seat now.

The other previous poster who mentioned the Parkway 120 is getting hopes up perhaps too soon for a seat that is really just speculative at this point in terms of details and any time frame for it, if it comes out at all. :eek:

Girly_Qs

I understand it's now August 2009?

Yep. Apparently they're now saying August "because not every store will get their shipment in July."

(see Michael's post here: http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=81361)

I know these delays aren't uncommon, and of course no one wants to see a seat that isn't ready (and is potentially less safe for it) pushed to market, but I've said it before and I'll say it again:

It's a BASIC principle of marketing - UNDER promise, OVER deliver.

This makes, what? 4 delays? Totalling 7 months? And that is IF it finally meets a timeline (which, while I'm crossing my fingers for, I'm not holding my breath!).

(sorry, don't mind me, all bitter and disillusioned this am, lol)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC