Dilemma about whether to sell Snugride - WWYD?

amelia

My dilemma...we have a Graco Snugride in Platinum (dom 1/08 - used from 4/08 to 10/08) that I have listed on Craigslist. Someone is interested and I am having second thoughts on whether I should sell it. Reasons for selling:

We are going to start trying for another baby now but as we had a hard time with the first it could take some time or maybe never happen.

Second we live in a tiny house and have hardly any storage so it is hard to find a place to store it.

I liked the seat ok but wasn't super crazy about the cover set but liked that it had strap covers and eps foam.

Thought if we are lucky enough to have another baby it could be a girl and then I would want a more "girly" cover like the Giselle or what I really want but they no longer sell, the Central Park cover.

Lastly I would maybe prefer to have a Snugride 32 or Safeseat for the longer usage or even better (but pricier) a Chicco Keyfit (except it wouldn't fit my stroller).

The seat new was $140 plus $35 for extra base and I listed both for $75. Financially it doesn't make much sense and we are worried about my DH's job in this economy (he is in the building industry).

What would you do??? Why can't I make a simple decision and keep second guessing myself on this?

ADS

wendytthomas

Admin - CPST Instructor
Staff member
I'd sell it. At the very best you're looking at nine months from now to use another infant seat. There are new seats hitting the market between now and then you might want to try. The cash in hand right now would be lovely, I'm sure. And if it does take a while to get #2 then a baby shower may take care of a new infant seat. :)

Wendy

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC