Question Acura RDX - Three Seats

U

Unregistered

Help! I have a six year old son and twins coming next month. I bought Graco Sungride's for the twins and now there is barely any room for my older son in the middle of the backseat. I either have to find narrower infant seats (and a compatible double stroller) or a super narrow booster for him.

In my state legally he isn't required to be in a seat, but as a mother I can't bare to take a risk like that with my precious childs life.

This whole situation is making me sick. How am I going to fit all of them SAFELY in the car and still have a compatible double stroller?

ADS

Pixels

There is a double Snap N Go for the BabyTrends. Not sure what other seats might work with the SNG. And when they outgrow the BabyTrends (or whatever seat you end up with), you will need to get another stroller.

With twins, they are often early and small, so the KeyFit would be a better choice for your babies. The BabyTrend has a 5 pound minimum, though it does seem to fit small babies well. Just don't wait till the last minute, since you never know when the babies might decide to come ;)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Once they outgrow the seats they can move to a double Maclaren or whatever anyway. They'll be plenty old enough. There are plenty of double frames that will work with just about any infant seat. That's what I'd do on that front.

You can try out different seats and see if you can find some that puzzle with your booster (or with any booster that will fit your son properly.)

U

Unregistered

As a fellow mom of twins you definitely want a double snap and go and can probaby find one at thru you local twins club or CL used. New they are about $100. They come with bars and instructions on how to fit a myriad of infant carrier car seats. You can call Baby Trend and they can direct you as to what works. So if you want to go with one of the seats the PP mentioned, there is a high likelihood the double SNG will work. Forget the stoopid travel systems, IMO :)

We had Snugrides and yes they do take up a lot of room (almost the entire backseat of my 2001 Acura TL). My smallest dd was just 5 pounds when we left the hopsital when they were 5 days old. I did love the snugirdes, but at 7 months I got tired of lugging the SRs and even though we could have stayed in them waaay longer, I moved the twins rear facing in to Britax roundabouts and into a double umbrella stroller (Combi Twin Saavy). We are 2y3m and still in the RAs. (and still in the Combi stroller) The RAs took up less room width-wise across the back than he snugrides.

It is tough fitting twins and another passenger of any size into the same back seat, but these posters are so knowlegable I am sure they will help you find a great fit to keep all 3 of your little ones safe.

Good luck!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC