Question Carseat protector for 2009 Jetta?

mayamama

Hi all-

Just bought the car of my dreams, both safety-wise and fun-wise and we are planning to keep this car for SEVERAL years, until our kids are out of car seats. We'd like to use a car seat cover for the CAR'S seat and wondered if anyone had any suggestions or websites that were their favorite.

We've checked out THIS ONE, but we want some more suggestions before buying so we're not constantly sending stuff back.

Thanks!:D

ADS

MustangMama

Actually, car seat protectors are VERY DANGEROUS.

They can cause the seat to have a "false installation" and it could slip, move, etc.

I would not put anything down. The seats will "bouce back" after the car seats are out. I have a 2006 Mustang with leather seats and they bounce back after a couple days of not having a car seat in it and I have had one in it for a loooooong time, LOL.

It will be fine, I promise.

I have actually heard a few stories of car seat protectors damaging the seats, not the actual car seat itself.

Last edited:

Maedze

Eee gads, no way! That thing is potentially lethal.

The problem with those unregulated aftermarket products is that they provide a false sense of appropriate tightness, which could injure or kill your child in an accident.

The BEST thing to do is put absolutely nothing between your child restraints and your vehicle seat. If you absolutely must have something, at the very most a sheet or thin towel (no more thick than a sheet) is all you can put there without endangering your children.

What are the ages, weights, and heights of your children and what child restraints are they currently riding in?

lovinwaves

Oh, congrats on the new Jetta! How exciting :D :love:

How about just putting a small THIN towel under the carseats?

Limit what foods and drinks(stick to water, and dry foods) you let your kids eat and drink in the car, so if something does spill it's not a huge catastrophe.

If you have leather seating then investing some time and money into it will help protect it and keep it looking great through the years. This is the leather care system I use: Griot's Garage Leather Care

kate4478

Congrats on the new Jetta! DH has been dreaming about them! :rolleyes: What everyone else said...no car seat protector is safe. You can use a thin towel or a receiving blanket. I bought I black hand towel to match my black leather, it fits great under my DS's BLVD and cheap too! :D

mayamama

Eee gads, no way! That thing is potentially lethal.

The problem with those unregulated aftermarket products is that they provide a false sense of appropriate tightness, which could injure or kill your child in an accident.

The BEST thing to do is put absolutely nothing between your child restraints and your vehicle seat. If you absolutely must have something, at the very most a sheet or thin towel (no more thick than a sheet) is all you can put there without endangering your children.

What are the ages, weights, and heights of your children and what child restraints are they currently riding in?

Hi-

Great info all! Thanks for the heads up. Currently my 2.5 year old dd is 31lbs 38" in a Britax Boulevard, still RFing for 2 more lbs. She was in a Graco SafeSeat until she was too tall for it, and then went right into the Blvd.

We plan to use the SafeSeat again (it's only 3 years old) for baby #2 (not even preggers yet, hope to have this one next April/May because I'm a teacher!). My husband and I have OLD Hondas ('91 Accord & Civic respectively) that have absolutely no protection whatsoever. We're very excited about the new car and plan to buy the Sportwagen when this one's paid off in 2 years. If need be, we'll buy 2 more Blvds for #2 unless #1 is into a booster of some sort.

That's my story, and I'm now ix-nay on the seat cover. Possibly a thin sheet. Yes, I will now limit what she eats/drinks in the car and maybe put a sheet in when we go on vacation or something. I only let her drink water in the car anyway, and I think I'll keep it to non-crumbing foods.

Thanks again mamas!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC