Rec needed for new vehicle

mum2simon

We are in the market for a new vehicle. It has been a long time since we have purchased a vehicle, and we have never had to consider children/car seats in our decision making before. You all seem very knowledgeable on this topic :D so I am hoping you can help!

Here are the important details: We have a 26mo still RFing currently in a Scenera, but my TrueFit should be delivered today:) (he is tall and skinny). We are also expecting another child any day now (I am 10 days overdue today:mad:) This babe will start off in a SS1 and we plan to RF for as long as possible. My husband is 6'4" - so we need something that will accommodate a tall driver and ERF. I am an average 5'6".

We currently own a 1997 Saturn SL1 and a 1998 Chrysler Sebring convertible (sooo not a child-friendly car....). We are looking to replace both of these vehicles by the end of the year with new to us (used) vehicles.

We are thinking of purchasing a SUV of some sort in the very near future, and we have around 5-6K to spend (and possibly trading in the Sebring if they will give us anything for it :lol) This will be the vehicle that the person with both children will drive, and we will temporarily keep the Saturn, then it will become DH's car.

Eventually we would like to replace the saturn as well with a Minivan, as we do plan on having more children. My top picks are the Sienna, Odyssey or MPV. But I am open to any other options also. We will probably be able to spend about 13-15K on the minivan.

I am looking for thoughts on SUVs (smaller or larger versions - ie Forrester, Highlander etc.). So far my research has led me to think that we will not find a foreign SUV in our price-range...are there other options that we should consider?

As I stated before, my biggest concern is that my tall hubby can drive with a rear-facing child behind him (as this can't currently happen in either the Saturn or the Sebring).

Another thing to consider is that I have lots of nieces and nephews (my sister has 5, one SIL has 4 and another has 1 with 1 on the way)...almost all are under 7yo...so being able to fit extra car seats for trips with the cousins is helpful....)

Thank you so much for your help!!

ADS

cookie123

I can't help you out much, as I have a Tribute and wouldn't recommend it. The gas mileage isn't great, the wind noise is terrible. Getting 3 seats in there is tricky. Getting the Radian in there is hard. The Escape is it's twin.

I was thinking, try the 3 across guide just for ideas on what cars fit 3 seats.

www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=3...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC