Need a safest possible way to mount DVD player for RF

ravekiss

I know its not recommended to have a portable dvd player in the car but I need one in there for a few trips during the summer if not DS will drive us insane on those trips.
I wont be using this as an everyday accessory in the car...only for long trips and camping. This is the player I plan on getting and it doesnt come with a car mount:

Sony DVP-FX820
http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DVP-FX820-8-Inch-Portable-Player/dp/B00139JBU2/ref=/ref=cm_cd_f_pb_t

Whats the best way to install it on the headrest of the rear seats so he can see it? He's in a tethered Blvd.

ADS

southpawboston

unfortunately i don't think there is a way to safely mount a DVD player like that onto a headrest. you can try using bungee cords around the hinge area of the DVD player but it's not going to hold it securely in any crash.

Minniemouse

Senior Community Member
There are portable dvd players out there that are specifically designed to be used in the car.

We have a two screen set that dh picked up from Walmart a few years ago. It has straps that hook together behind the headrest (the hook system is similar to a plastic version of a tether hook) and I consider it fairly secure.

We got the dual screen system so dd (ffing) and ds (rfing at the time) could both see the dvd at the same time.

I believe that our system is this one... although we haven't had any of the problems that the reviewers on Amazon have apparently had! I do agree that we need a battery pack though!

Wineaux

SouthpawBoston once linked us an LCD screen that was built into the headrest of a vehicle. That's what I would consider "safest". Contact a custom audio installer to see what they have available.

southpawboston

SouthpawBoston once linked us an LCD screen that was built into the headrest of a vehicle. That's what I would consider "safest". Contact a custom audio installer to see what they have available.

yep, those are the safest (and the coolest), but be prepared... $$$$$ :eek: the labor to install those is not cheap...

sirrahn

You can get generic cases that will fit and mount various DVD players (like this).

I'll agree that it's not going to be the safest thing all around, but I think you'd have better luck at getting it at least semi-secure with the player secured into a case and then the case secured to the headrest.

I've never used it for a rfing kid, but we have one that velcroes flat into a case that has straps that wrap around both the headrest and vehicle seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC