Is my logic fuzzy?

rodentranger

I need two seats for each kid so I don't have to move seats much and the SR is borrowed.
Since I had to buy a new seat for someone, I bought for ODS. He is 30 lbs, so since he is close to the rf limit and will likely hit it in about 6 months, I bought a Frontier. That way I don't have to buy him another seat.
In my vehicle, an 03 Pilot with side airbags, he now rides in the Frontier. My vehicle is higher (and therefore less likely to have impact at head level), has the airbag protection and I know my driving habits.
The other cars are a 1996 Altima without side airbags and a 2007 Sentra with side airbags. The driver of the Sentra is narcoleptic and while she is medicated, she still occasionally blinks for extended periods. She's also a fidgeter. Really her driving kind of scares me, but good luck telling her that. Or that the boys aren't allowed in her car. The boys are seldom in either of those cars and I'm usually with them in the Sentra.
For the other two cars, I have a MA and a TF. YDS will use the TF until he is tall enough for the MA, which will hopefully be before ODS hits 33 lbs (my MAs' limit). Then I can switch them to keep ODS rf for another 2 lbs. Once ODS hits 35, he can ride ff in the TF since it seems to offer a bit more side impact protection with the deeper shell.
By the time YDS outgrows teh 65 lb seats I have or they expire, I figure they might have better extended harnessing seat options and I can move him into the Frontier and buy X seat for ODS if he needs it.
I've gone over this in my head a bazillion times and it seems logical to me, but when I try to run it by other people their eyes glaze over.
I think only fellow "car seat freaks" will understand. Is my logic logical and as close to best practice as possible without having to buy each boy two sets of seats?

ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC