What is this Graco stroller, and is it good?

Holly

I'm not sure which one of the Graco strollers this is, is it a good one?

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=5758668&cat=390&lpid=

I want to buy a cheap single stroller with a basket, tray, and can recline that I can put ds in when I take the girls to the park (a 3 minute walk from our front door, that they don't need a stroller for, it's not near busy roads, etc).
I'm going to take them several times a week, if not every day, starting pretty soon and I'd like to have something like this so ds can sit and play or sleep because I can't hold him the whole time we will be there.
This would also be nice to use in addition to our double stroller for when dh and I are together, going to the mall or somewhere with all the kids.

Do you guys know if this particular stroller folds small ish? Do you think it would fit in the trunk of a camry with a folded up joovy caboose too?

ADS

djma

I don't remember the name - but I had one. I loved mine! But it is big and heavy! It folds over on itself - you just twist the handle and push it forward.

I believe their "Literider" strollers would be more along the line of what you're looking for...although I'm not sure how well they would fit in the trunk....

What about a combi stroller? those usually are pretty small, but would have a small basket and would recline.

lovinwaves

Yep, that's the big Graco, the Quattro Tour. Nice stroller, large wheels, parent tray and console, kid tray with cup holders, reclining seat, and of course the infamous LARGE basket.

If you go to look at it check those wheels. Make sure they aren't squared off (from alot of use, and offroad use). Also check the basket for any wear/tear, holes, or damage. If I remember right the first thing to start going bad on that particular model is getting a hole in the basket.

It does not fold small by any means, but it should fit your Camry.

It's a cumbersome and heavy stroller, but for that price, it would be a good "out for the day" type of ride with plenty of room for your 'stuff.'

jsta1005

That's the Quatro Tour. I have the single version and the double... so needless to say I love it. It is big and doesn't fold small. It pushes like a dream, has a huge basket and is a sturdy stroller. I doubt it would fit with the Joovy in your trunk. any other questions just ask!

Loves2sing

I am guessing that someone with small children that you know in real life will have this stroller. I highly doubt that you would be able to fit both the Quattro Tour and the joovy in the trunk together. I would ask around at church to see if anyone has it, so you could try that out. As a matter of fact, I am not sure that the Quattro Tour would fit in the back of the camry well at all. I could HARDLY get it into my Altima, it was a total pain in the butt.

Have you thought about wearing the baby? Is the tray absolutley essential? Because if not, then you could always look into a single Combi stroller. It folds super small, it is just as easy to push as a Quattro Tour, and it has a basket. The basket isn't as huge, but it works for me.:shrug-shoulders:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Did you sell that Fisher Price stroller you got before? That fit your needs perfectly :eek: But this IS good for treks to the park, for sure.

I can't begin to imagine this fitting in a trunk with the Joovy...you might just need a cheap umbrella stroller for that.

mommy2env

As a matter of fact, I am not sure that the Quattro Tour would fit in the back of the camry well at all. I could HARDLY get it into my Altima, it was a total pain in the butt.

:yeahthat:

I had a hard time fitting the Quattro into my Altima too. That sucker is huge!

MoreLatte

The Quattro tour is an Awesome stroller! I had one that came as a travel system for my youngest DD. I kept it in the garage once we no longer used the infant seat with it and just bought a smaller umbrella to keep in the car. Then I continued to use the Quattro for our walks to the playground. I especially loved that the canopy rotates all the way forward to block the sun, then I'd put a blanket over the gap at the top if needed. Sadly, I gave it to my niece when she had her DD since I was giving her the carseat.

For that price, you should get it and see what you think. If you decide you dont' like it , sell it. I miss mine and would still be using it if I hadn't given it away. I've actually almost bought one on Craigslist a few times, but if I buy another stroller, DH may kick me out!

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I love mine. It does everything, well not gravel, I only do 3 wheels for that. it does weight 24.5 lbs, but that doesn't me. That is a great price!

Holly

I'm thinking it will be a little too big for what I want after all.
I did have the fpsv stroller but I ended up selling it and got the joovy caboose instead.
I think I'm going to check out kid to kid on Friday when I'll be out with the car, kidless except for the baby (can't wait! :D )
I like the looks of the graco literider, I wish I could find it in the patchwork cow pattern still, I've always loved that pattern.
I might end up getting one of the cheaper jeep strollers, I had one like it before, made by kolcraft that I really liked.

miraclebabies

I have the single Quattro and like and dislike it. It is really big and heavy, doesn't fold very flat, takes up the back of my vehicle or trunk. I like the eas of pusing it and it reclines flat also it is nice to attach the safeseat to it. I have pushed the double and WOW it is huge and I would never buy one cause it won't fit in the back of my vehicle.

my2kidsSafe

you might want to look into the graco mosiac. Its a good sml stroller. I loved mine. It was great to bring into dds dance place, and also good when i would go into swimming.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
you might want to look into the graco mosiac. Its a good sml stroller. I loved mine. It was great to bring into dds dance place, and also good when i would go into swimming.

I have noticed that a lot of the Mosaic's wheels squeek after awhile.

Shaunam

We have one and it has held up I think 10 months of carrying oxygen tanks, a feeding pump, suction machine, and baby supplies. It was the ONLY stroller at babies'r'us that held all of DD's stuff. I thought surely it would buckle under all the weight eventually but it's still in near-perfect condition.

But it does not fold small. Small enough to fit in the trunk of my mazda protege, but just barely.

Holly

Hey, what about ordering just the infant part from joovy?

its only $20 (no idea about shipping however)

find it here

Yeah, I looked those up the other day too. I think I'm going to get one of those to use with the joovy, but I also want to get a small lightweight single too, just to have something small to push when we're only going to the park.
I think I only want to take the double when we're going to the library or Walmart because it's further and we have to cross a busy road then.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC