Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

France for 6 weeks, 3 kids - carseats?

We are staying in France for 6 weeks with our 3 kids, ages 7 (52 lbs, 51 inches), 5 (42 lbs., 45 inches) and a 3 month old.

We have currently a backless Graco Turbo booster for our oldest, a evenflo big kid booster for our 5 year old, and a Britax companion for our baby.

The car seats must fit 3 across (in France we are doing the Citroen C4 Picasso buyback).

What seats are EU approved - google searching is fruitless. If we need to buy seats recommendations for safe, reasonably priced, approved seats? I am paranoid in France about safety because of the high speeds

I think our 7 year old will need a back on his booster in France?

I get the impression the evenflo is not as safe as others, but maybe I am wrong?

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Carseat Crazy

Re: France for 6 weeks, 3 kids - carseats?

The picasso has a huge back seat. I would imagine any combo of 3 seats would easily fit across.

If you are just in France for a holiday - you can use your own seats - they do not need to be EU approved.

Your best bet is to bring your own seats, as there is not a lot of choice in France and the seats are very expensive.
    Joshua 16th Aug 03 - 46lbs Britax Adventure High Back Booster
    Madison 14th Sept 05 - 42lbs Britax Adventure High Back Booster
    Tyler 19th Mar 07 - 38lb Britax Adventure High Back Booster