I'm having trouble pulling the trigger

glockchick

$825 :eek:

That's what it costs to get the kids seats that allow everyone that needs to be in a seat or booster to be in one. I have them all in my cart, but I'm having trouble pushing the 'submit order' button.

I literally feel a little sick to my stomach at spending that amount of money. It doesn't help that it's not my ideal seats but ones that will work best in our truck.

*stamps foot and sticks out bottom lip*

I don't want Radians! I want my Britax super comfy seats with the lock offs and super easy install in every vehicle I've ever tried to fit in MY vehicle. I don't wanna have to install seats that are notoriously hard to install with vehicle belts and have to use the extra locking clips. And set next to each other, it looks like I'm choosing to put the kids in wooden kitchen chairs (Radian) instead of nice comfy recliners (Britax). (Yes, I know y'all will swear that it's not like that, but it looks that way to me.) :eek:

*tantrum over, goes off to room to sulk*

Remind me that my kids are worth it and it's less $$ than a 15 passenger van.

Tell me something to get me to just do it.

Dh's response was -
A THOUSAND BUCKS!!!

just do it
and be done with it
and you shall never speak of it again
lest it be an abomination on you
amen

He's such a goober. :p At least he doesn't gripe about spending the money on things they need, just says if they need it, get it. I :love: him.

Last edited:
ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL! I don't blame you. I can barely muster the courage to buy one seat on sale at a time...though ok, I HAVE bought 64 of them over the last 12 years. Does that make you feel any better? :eek::D (and you will grow accustomed to your Radian, you really will...just give it time and patience...:whistle:)

christineka

Your dh is great. I didn't bother asking dh (again) before purchasing my new radian. We need it. We've discussed the issue. I know that he feels I've bought too many car seats (since I've become more educated), but this isn't just a random- my kid needs a better seat purchase- it is THE seat to fit as number 6 in my van.

Radians are great. Yeah, they may have their issues, but play with them for hours and hours and you'll become used to them;)

glockchick

It is finished!

I did it. Holy adrenaline rush Batman!

Now I can't wait for them to get here so I can play with them. :ROTFLMAO:

I got 2 Princess and one Manhattan Radian and 2 Clek Olli seats - one treehouse camo and the other lime green per my big boys requests. They really wanted the one with the big monkey face so they could have a monkey kissing their butts any time they sat in them :rolleyes: (what is it with boys?), but those are backordered. ;)

arly1983

I have bought more seats than I care to remember in the last two years and even I would have a hard time spending that amount at one time.

AtTheSouthDam

It is finished!

I did it. Holy adrenaline rush Batman!

Now I can't wait for them to get here so I can play with them. :ROTFLMAO:

I got 2 Princess and one Manhattan Radian and 2 Clek Olli seats - one treehouse camo and the other lime green per my big boys requests. They really wanted the one with the big monkey face so they could have a monkey kissing their butts any time they sat in them :rolleyes: (what is it with boys?), but those are backordered. ;)

LMAO!!! I am so glad I have girls.

Now the hard part. Waiting for them to arrive :p

Amaris

I just mentioned to dh last night that if K's torso keeps growing she's going to outgrow the ma rf'ing before she's 3 and if she does I'm buying something else. I refuse to turn her before 3 unless there's just not a seat she will fit in. He said "if it's safer then get what you need". Isn't it nice to have dh's who will get what is needed even if they don't want to hear that we are spending more money!

glockchick

I want to see pictures of them all installed. ;)

But of course. Probably not occupied though because the big kids will never go for that. They think I'm nuts enough as it is. :whistle:

Dh is a pretty funny guy, but don't tell him I said that. It'll go to his head. ;)

Tyler'sMom1117

LOL, your dh's quote cracked me up.

My son has the Olli in Treehouse camo and he loves it. I wasn't even tempted to get any different covers for it when they were really cheap a few weeks ago because we like the camo so much. I love how it looks in our tan interior.

finn

You want to know something really scary.... I just spent $1050 on one seat! Just one! It'll be the last one he needs but still $1050 on one seat. I still cringe.

finn

I'll go out on a limb, and say a Britax Multi Tech. It happens when you import an extremely expensive seat from oversees....

:yeahthat:

Absolutely right :) It is $1050 New Zealand dollars which makes it about $550 US Dollars. It sucks to live in a country with seats that only rear face to 12kg/26lbs. I do have 3 other seats to sell :whistle:

finn

Also to give you a comparison a Safe and Sound Meridian AHR which is the same as a Britax Boulevard costs $500 here. Car Seats are expensive:thumbsdown:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC