Would this concern you? Possible fraying on harness?

mykidsmylife

It is hard to tell and I can't get a clear shot. I will work harder on it for you but want to see if you can see it in the meantime.
It is like the harness is slowly starting to fray on the edge.
WDYT? Dangerous or not?

P3010001.jpg

ADS

melniemi

My harness on my new ma frayed w/i a month. Worse than that, like loops of webbing on the side. Britax replaced it. I requested the old style buckle because I think the metal inside the buckle tongues caused the fraying. No problems since.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Britax is phasing out that style of buckle with the metal next to the harness now...the plastic is going to totally encase the buckle tongue again to prevent that fraying. :thumbsup:

mykidsmylife

Good.. I called them and they are going to send a new harness, but what if this happens again? I mean we have only had the seat since Oct.
I just seem to have crappy luck with their products.....

Misty-Bug

man you are lucky! SK says that it is "fine" that my seat is fraying on the sides. They need to not have the metal against the strap either.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Yeah, that's because SK doesn't want to have to replace a $200 seat... Britax can send out a $20 harness a lot easier.... (I'm generalizing on the price, but ykwim :))

Misty-Bug

Yeah, that's because SK doesn't want to have to replace a $200 seat... Britax can send out a $20 harness a lot easier.... (I'm generalizing on the price, but ykwim :))

yeah I gotcha. Mine is worse then it was too but I haven't told them again.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
I'm sure complaints like yours helped them make the decision to make the harness replaceable...it gets tough to put off people's complaints about fraying, and tougher to send out handfuls of new seats for a problem that SHOULD be super cheap to fix. I'm sorry you didn't get a new seat out of it, though :(

Misty-Bug

I'm sure complaints like yours helped them make the decision to make the harness replaceable...it gets tough to put off people's complaints about fraying, and tougher to send out handfuls of new seats for a problem that SHOULD be super cheap to fix. I'm sorry you didn't get a new seat out of it, though :(

hehehe...but I will be complaining again because the straps are worse. It is the smaller buckle tongues. I just am a whiner.

NannyMom

Britax is phasing out that style of buckle with the metal next to the harness now...the plastic is going to totally encase the buckle tongue again to prevent that fraying. :thumbsup:

When will this happen? My harness has been fraying too. Do you think I can call and get the new buckle? I deffinetly don't want an old 1 click buckle. Also seems weird to replace the harness if it'll happen again in a month.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
All the buckles are two click now, they are just phasing in the plastic-covered tongues... maybe another month or two? Sarah Tilton announced it a couple weeks ago, but I'm too lazy to search for it :eek:

NannyMom

All the buckles are two click now, they are just phasing in the plastic-covered tongues... maybe another month or two? Sarah Tilton announced it a couple weeks ago, but I'm too lazy to search for it :eek:

I haven't dealt much with their cust service. If I asked for a new harness (mine is fraying from the buckle tongues), would they give me new buckle tongues too? Or would I have to pay for them? Hmm... maybe I'll go call them.

Edit: I found the post from Sarah you were talking about :) I don't know how to link a specific post like some people do. But it's post 23 here http://www.car-seat.org/showthread.php?p=748591#post748591

NannyMom

I called Britax today about my harness fraying just like OP. THe woman said she'd send me a new harness. I asked about the new buckles, to see if I could get one. SHe thinks they're not finished testing them yet, but wasn't sure. SHe said she'd send me a harness and buckle and if I get the new buckle good. If I get the same buckle, call them and they'll send me the new buckles when they're available (which may be as much as 2 months.

So, should I continue using the fraying harness until I get the new buckles? Or use the new harness, and if the buckles fray it again, call and get another new harness?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC