Combi Dakota measurements please

glockchick

Can someone who has one measure for me pretty please? I'd like the widest part not including the cup holder and the part that touches the seat.

I just noticed the website says the width is 18.25". :eek: It doesn't say where that's measured at. Is it at the top of the armrests widest parts? Does it include the goofy cup holder?

I need as narrow as I can get and still have a 9 year old be comfortable in it. He's not in the TB base, btw.

Thanks again for all y'all's help. I don't know who I'd obsess with without you. ;) :whistle:

ADS

glockchick

Thanks. I guess I'll have to go with the expensive Clek seats with the LATCH I can't use then. :p It's hard as heck to fit 6 kids in 2 rows when 5 of them need seats. :dizzy:

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
But it's all about how it puzzles... the lower armrests might work better than the tall armrests on the clek...unfortunately you have to try to see. The Cosco High Rise/Ambassador has low armrests and tapers towards the back but is big and comfy and often works three-across, plus it's really cheap (Kmart had 2 for $18 last week...usually they are $16 at walmart).

glockchick

Are the Coscos comfy for longer trips? That's dh's main concern. :) My 7 year old wants the Evenflo AMP, but that looks like it'd get really hard really fast. :twocents:

sirrahn

Are the Coscos comfy for longer trips? That's dh's main concern. :) My 7 year old wants the Evenflo AMP, but that looks like it'd get really hard really fast. :twocents:

I've never had any complaints about our Highrise/Ambassadors. Although they've never been primary seats, they've gotten regular use. My 11 yr old uses both a Highrise and an Olli.

FWIW I have one with a seat cover design like this and another like this one and the first one definitely seems more padded (and is the one that's in DH's car...the other is at the grandparents'). I think mine were both called Highrise when I bought them, but they're a few years old and the instruction manual has both names.

glockchick

Does he prefer one over the other? My 9 year old has been allowed to ride without a booster lately in his dad's car because he fits, and he's balking about using one in mine. I need this new seat to make him happy. :D I need him to :love: it. LOL!

sirrahn

Does he prefer one over the other? My 9 year old has been allowed to ride without a booster lately in his dad's car because he fits, and he's balking about using one in mine. I need this new seat to make him happy. :D I need him to :love: it. LOL!

Well, yes he prefers the Olli....it's super comfy and has a camo cover:D. At almost 4'9" and 77lbs, he's technically passing the 5 step test in most vehicles, but the booster still makes him more comfortable and makes me feel better about the lapbelt really staying down. At one point he was balking about booster use, but I haven't heard a word about since we got the Olli about a year or so ago.

That said, the Highrise sits next to an empty seat in his dad's car and 9 times out of 10 he sits right down in the Highrise without a word even though I've let him go without a booster in that car. I figure it can't be that bad;) His 9 yr old brother uses it as well with no complaints.

glockchick

Thanks. I guess I'll try to get to WM today and get a HR to try at least before I spend a lot more. Dh needs deodorant anyway. :ROTFLMAO:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC