Time for a new seat... for which kid?

goldmama22

OK all, I have 3 kiddos. #1 is 5.5 years old in a Britax Frontier on the highest harness slot placement with very little room left, #2 is 3.5 years old in a Decathlon on the highest slot with room to grow, and #3 is 5 months in an infant Safeseat. I want to get him out of his Safeseat, and the question is, how? Do I pass the Frontier down to #2, get a highback booster for #1, and give #3 the Decathlon RF? Do I buy a second Frontier for #2, wait to booster #1 for a couple more months (using her Frontier when she gets there), and move #3 to the Decathlon? or do I buy another convertible seat for #3? and if so, which convertible? What would you do?

Thanks!

Megan

ADS

Qarin

Is your 5yo ready for a booster? I'd go that route, passing the Frontier to #2 and teh Decathlon to #3, given that #1 is close to outgrowing the Frontier's harness (really?! tall kid!), unless the 5.5yo really isn't ready to sit well in a booster, in which case I think I'd get her a Regent, since a few months isn't likely to make a big maturity difference for her.

goldmama22

what car?

It's a Honda Odyssey. Currently #1 is 3rd row right, #2 is captains chair put into the middle sorta in the 2nd row, and #3 is 2nd row left. LATCH are 2nd row captains chairs and 3rd row center. I am totally open to rearranging the kiddos, just need #3 to be 2nd row and #2 not to be alone.

Megan

goldmama22

Is your 5yo ready for a booster? I'd go that route, passing the Frontier to #2 and teh Decathlon to #3, given that #1 is close to outgrowing the Frontier's harness (really?! tall kid!).

I think she could handle it, because she's paranoid about carseat safety. I know that around town and even for the 1.5 hours to my parents house it would be fine, but I don't have a clue about the 6 hour trips we take 1-2 times a year.

And yeah, she's not even that tall, she just is all torso. I keep looking at her in that seat going, no, I don't believe it! I am going to examine her really carefully in it tomorrow to see exactly how much room she has left.

Megan

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
I would buy a good deep booster for the oldest. It will offer sleep support. The vivo or montery are nice ones. Since you won't get much more use out of the 5 point for her. Also it will save you $100.

goldmama22

Thanks all, I got her a Monterey and we are both thrilled with it. (And #2 is thrilled with her hand-me down Frontier, and #3 is too little to care but at least mama's happy with him in his RF Decathlon.)

Megan

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC