Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread
    Unregistered

Tether anchor retrofit

It's me again...haha.

Now I am trying to find a link or something that shows something about getting a tether put into my 2000 Pontiac Montana.

I found a quick reference guide pdf file, but it talks about the next two pages, but there is only one page.

Help?

Thanks so much, this site is such a wealth of information!!!

Shelly

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Tether anchor retrofit

The 2000 Montana should already have top tether anchors, according to http://media.gm.com:8221/ca/gm/en/pr...00Montana.html and http://consumerguideauto.howstuffwor...ac-montana.htm , in fact, in all five rear seating positions! (Which is great!).

If you're asking about lower anchors for LATCH, those cannot be retrofitted.
    Homeschooling mama to safely transported kids-
    DD1- 11/2001 - 61.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)
    DD2- 11/2004 - 62.5", Seat Belt (5-steps)

Senior Community Member unityco's Avatar

If the Montana is the same design as the Venture, the tether anchors are black pieces of metal with a hole in the centre at the bottom of the back of the seat. They are kinda difficult to attach the tether straps to unless you know the trick - you need to fold the seat forward, then hook up the tether (loosely,) then put the seatback back up and install the seat.

This picture should give you some idea of where they are in a Venture, and hopefully that's similar to the Montana:

HTH!

Unregistered

Thanks. I guess I should go dig around in there and see if I can figure out what they are! I have no idea exactly what I'm looking for.

I'll check it out this morning!!!

Shelly

Unregistered

Thanks so much everyone! This is such a great place to find info!

I FOUND the tether things on the back of the seats (helped to know where to look for them). At least I THINK that's what they are. They are black and maybe 1/2 inch long?

Do you have to buy something separately from the carseat to use the tether, or do the seats come with it?

Thanks,

Shelly