Question cleaning boulevard harness straps

emars002

DD vomitted all over her seat tonight on the way to the walk in clinic - I had DH come get that car and leave me another - he took the boulevard apart - i told him don't soak the straps - just take a wet cloth and clean them - well when i just got home - they don't look clean enough - it looks like there could still be vomit pressed into the harness - how do I safely clean it? - do I just order new ones? Also, i had ordered an extra set of marathon harness straps on my last britax order - are they the same for the boulevard? Should i just use that extra set?

ADS

emars002

and one more question - sorry to be a pain tonight! If my extra harness for the marathon is the same as the boulevard, the new harness has a date of Oct 07 on it - so does that mean I could only use the Blvd to 33lbs with this harness?????? ARGGGGGGG I hate vomit!!!!!!!!

NannyMom

When you go to Britax's site to order replacement parts, I'm pretty sure the harness says marathon or boulevard. So I do think they are the same. As for the weight limit....hmm... I'd ask Britax. It may have been a change to the seat that changed the weight limit. Or, it may be a change to the harness as well.

Edit: I just looked at replacement parts, and it says "harness and buckle for Britax 65 pound seats". So I think that could be the MA or BV. Or DC (right? not too familiar with that seat)

Blondie87

When my lil guy vomited all over my Boulevard... I was told to scrub it with a toothbrush, warm water and baking soda. I didn't use a tooth brush but I used a lil scrubber thing, kinda like for dishes? But it was one we didn't ever use. It got the smell out and they look good now! :)

sunnymw

I think they are the same... and I'd call Britax but I'd guess that it's ok with 35lbs because it's a 65lb harness.

I'd just get new straps, if it was THAT bad. But if I couldn't I'd use a toothbrush and warm lightly soapy water. Worked for peanut butter... ;)

emars002

I didn't think of a tooth brush! Great idea thank you! They look clean but i can still smell it - I think i will put the new one on for now and do the tooth brush thing - i guess i will call britax about the 33lb vs. the 35lb thing tomorrow - i don't know what part of the seat makes it able to be used to those weights, the harness or the shell - she is just over 31lbs so i have a little bit to figure that part out - off to find the baking soda!

emars002

ok - I cleaned them - the baking soda really did get rid of the smell - thank goodness!!!!!!! i couldn't take any more of that - They did get pretty wet though...Does that count as submerging? I never put them in water but i put water on them, then i wiped tem off with a dish towel and I have them hanging to dry - Should i just buy a new set or will these be OK?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC