Radian XT, Radian 80, and New Radian 80

newmomapril2008

While I'm waiting for the new C670 to come out...

I'm looking at the Radian series of convertible car seats. I've gone to Amazon, elitecarseats.com, and others trying to get an idea on the differences between the different Radian models.

So far the only difference I've found is that the XT has a height adjustable headrest, and has better sip because of deeper sides. But I think that's compared to the Radian 80.

Now I've found this New Raidan 80.

Is there site where we can get a comarison chart for car seats? Why would I want to get a New Radian 80 vs the XT, or vice versa? It seems likes it's to hard to find detailed product specs.

Or is it just that I'm not looking in the right places?

ADS

Maedze

There's no such seat as the "New Radian 80". That might just be a retailer description.

The seats are the Radian 65, the Radian 80, and the Radian XT.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
yes,what she said.
The shells are all exactly the same. the slot heights are the same. The 65 is rated to 65 lbs, the 80 is rated to 80 lbs and has extra padding, and the XT is rated to 80 AND has the headwings.
However, the seat will be outgrown by height by about 65 lbs, regardless of model, since they all have the same slot heights. By getting the 80, you are paying more for the extra padding/different cover choices, and 15 extra lbs of weight limit that most kids will never need...but if you have a short, chunky kid, it might be worth it. The XT has teh headwings, which would help in a side impact collision,but there have been some issues, you can search here to read about some of the problems ( like they are only at the top of the seat, not adjustable down lower, so most kids will be 3 or so before being tall enough to get the protection from them...)

itzmeigh

While there isn't a "NEW" R80 they did make some very very very minor changes to the R80. More upgrades then changes.

They changed the RFing base just a hair. And they changed the chest clip. Oh and I think they added some grippers to the bottom of the seat(? that one I could be wrong about. That might just be on the XT.) Not huge changes. But it could be why you are seeing it listed as the *new* Radian 80. And the new base and chest clip can be used on the old seats. So not even safety changes. Just kinda improvments.

Pixels

New RFing foot, new chest clip, anti-skid strips, replaceable harness straps and replaceable top tether, deeper channel for the harness. I might be forgetting a few changes. Full thread with pics.

newmomapril2008

I've seen both the Radian 80 and the New Radian 80. Amazon happens to have them both listed on their site.

I like the idea of being able to get up to three across with the Radians. I don't want to plan too far ahead here, but I don't want to end up buying seat after seat trying to find the right combo.

If I can plan ahead and know what the best seats and configurations would be for our vehicles now I'll be able to just concentrate on finding the best deal when I do need a second seat.

NannyMom

I've seen both the Radian 80 and the New Radian 80. Amazon happens to have them both listed on their site.

I like the idea of being able to get up to three across with the Radians. I don't want to plan too far ahead here, but I don't want to end up buying seat after seat trying to find the right combo.

If I can plan ahead and know what the best seats and configurations would be for our vehicles now I'll be able to just concentrate on finding the best deal when I do need a second seat.

I just went to amazon to see what you were seeing. They do have some labeled New Radian 80 and some labeled Radian 80. This might just be the names given by different retailers Amazon works with, or it may be their way of distinguishing the updated seats from the non-updated seats. I believe the updated ones are those made after Sept 2008.

Pixels and Bobandjess gave good descriptions of the differences. Though I would doubt most kids would even make it to 65 pounds in any of the Radians, let alone 80.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC