Question How to get dog smell out of carseat cover?

doriansmummy

My sister has 2 dogs that loved to lay in or beside my nieces Safeseat and it smells like dog now. I washed it and now it is air drying and I can still smell a bit of the dog smell and I am very sensitive to smells and it makes me feel sick.

Anyone have any ideas?

ADS

ed_tricia

I would rub it with baking soda, then rewash, probably adding more baking soda to the washer, along with gentle detergent. When it gets to the rinse cycle, add some vinegar, probably 1/4 cup would be more than enough. Rinse, then air dry. I haven't tried that on dog smell, but I use it for other things and it works well. You know when you forget a load of laundry in the washer for a day and it smells funny? The vinegar in an extra rinse cycle gets rid of that, so I would think it would work.

rodentranger

I swear by Anti Icky Poo. I love it and buy it by the gallon. I have three dogs (one only partially house trained:mad:), two cats (one an angry pee'er:mad:), two boys and my DH is in construction....need I say more?

mominabigtruck

You need to soak it in the tub with some oxyclean and 409. 409 just cause it will kill any bugs or anything, not that I'm saying there's bugs at your sister's house but if your animals are on it enough that it stinks then I'd do it anyways. Then hose the cover off, either in the tub or outside with a garden hose and then wash it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC