Pictures of kids sleeping in Radians please

glockchick

As much as I want Britax seats, due to the size constraints I think Radians would be our best bet. :( I'm worried about the kids sleeping in them though. Can I please see pictures of kids sleeping in the 65s or 80s? I already know I don't care for the XT. ;)

ADS

doriansmummy

Here is my son sleeping in his.
DSC_0178-2.jpg

DSC_0182-2.jpg

emntheboys

Alex isn't sleep'ing' in this picture, but he does look mighty sleep'y' if you ask me! :) I don't have any other pics on this computer, so maybe I'll have more once I can log on on my laptop. He was about 6 months old here & he actually sleeps in about the same position.

Last edited:

JOII

FFing here at 2 years, 3or4 months (he rarely FFd at that age)

IMG_2947.jpg

RF at 2.5 here (using the comfy soft. He really liked it, called it his 'car seat pillows')

sleepRA.jpg

sirrahn

I don't have a picture, but my almost 4 yr old hasn't had any trouble sleeping comfortably in her 65. She just lays her head to the side.

LEAW

My tall dd sleeps in hers just fine, head to the side. DS uses the comfy soft, and it makes a huge difference in his sitting posture while sleeping. I have a pic of her sleeping somewhere, not sure if I can find it.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
My kids are both pretty tall, my 2 year old is exceptionally long-torsoed. They both sleep wonderfully in their Radians without pillows (the baby uses the Comfy Soft that came with the 80 so the 2 year old has never even tried it.) Here they are at 4 1/2 and 2 1/2, both asleep:

25r1rnl.jpg

scoutingbear

A sleeps better in the Radian better than the GN. We usually switch to the Radian for long drives for that purpose. I don't have any pictures though...but he has never had the problem of head slump in that seat believe it or not...but he does in hte GN.

Misty-Bug

Cooper falls asleep all the time in his Radian. Mine is the 65 (What it is called in the US)

this was last summer
July13003.jpg

I don't have any current ones right now but I will get some on our trip.

Misty-Bug

also the 80 and the 65 have the same harness heights. If you have average sized children the 80 wouldn't be worth the money if you ask me. :twocents:

unless you are needing the infant inserts or something, even those you can get seperately and it still comes out cheaper then the 80 (Premier in Canada)

glockchick

Thanks. :) I was going to get the 80 because it comes with the inserts and I want those for their heads. Also, I can get pink for my girls. ;)

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
The 80's inserts can be bought separately. But you're right that if you want pink it's cheaper to buy the 80 than to buy the 65 and the cover separately. (As you can see, I did end up with an 80 for the pink cover, too. And my baby uses the pink insert in her Champagne 65. My oldest picked out all the colors, that was the ONLY way she was willing to change seats, lol.)

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
My kids are both pretty tall, my 2 year old is exceptionally long-torsoed. They both sleep wonderfully in their Radians without pillows (the baby uses the Comfy Soft that came with the 80 so the 2 year old has never even tried it.) Here they are at 4 1/2 and 2 1/2, both asleep:

25r1rnl.jpg

:eek:did you have twins 2 years apart?
:love:
they are so cute!

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
:eek:did you have twins 2 years apart?
:love:
they are so cute!

Thank you!

I did not, but I get that a LOT. :D

I think mostly because they are almost the same size (since the 2 year old had a growth spurt and the 4 year old stopped growing. :( She's having a lot of problems, we're seeing the pediatric rheumatologist and pediatric nephrologist in the next week or two.) They do have many of my husband's very dominant features, but they don't look as MUCH alike as actually my first and my third do... They love to dress alike too, it confuses people all the time! Especially when sitting down, since my 4 year old is more in the legs and my 2 year old more in the torso, height-wise.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
This is my dd. She would've been close to 4yrs old at the time these were taken. They were taken same trip, she just kept moving back and forth because she woke a bit every time her head started to drop. :(

e0gb4j.jpg

2a5dqfo.jpg

For the record though, my dd was prone to head droop if she was at a 30* angle rf'ing and I kept her more in the mid range for her comfort. She never had problems in the MA though because it's so close to the head, and she doesn't have problem with the True Fit because the shell is so deep.

eta: I also just want to add that there's no safety risk with head droop like you see in the pictures here, it was just a comfort issue for her when it came to ability to sleep in the car. She did prefer the Radian to the MA and complained about the MA being squishy when she was put back in it for a brief time after the Radian.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC