How to take canopy off the safeseat 1?

doriansmummy

I have been trying for the past 10 mins to get it off so I can wash the canopy, I can not get it off. Anyone know?

ADS

Maggie

Do you mean the canopy (fabric and arms) off the seat? You just pull and they'll pop off.

If you mean the fabric off the arms, I'm almost positive it's not possible.

I've just thrown the whole thing (plastic and all) into my dryer on the delicate cycle and drip dry.

miraclebabies

Yes it is, I just had to do it cause I changed covers. I just pushed mine one way and it popped and they came apart. I tried sticking something in the groove and it didn't work. It was really easy, just kinda bend them towards or away from one another and it should pop off. I can't remember which way I bend it.

doriansmummy

Yeah, I am trying to take the fabric off. I have the manual and it shows how to put them together but not apart.

Maggie

Huh, cool. Learn something new everyday. I don't have mine here right now (my friend is using it) but I'm going to try when I get it back. :)

doriansmummy

Yes it is, I just had to do it cause I changed covers. I just pushed mine one way and it popped and they came apart. I tried sticking something in the groove and it didn't work. It was really easy, just kinda bend them towards or away from one another and it should pop off. I can't remember which way I bend it.

Sweet! Got it, thank you!!

MOM25BOYS

Where the arm seperates in the middle you will need to take your thumb and push one side down where the meet and push up on the other side. It is tough, but they will pop apart fairly easily if you do it right.;) You may think you are going to break them, but I haven't had one to break yet.

ETA: I see you posted you finally got it!:thumbsup:

Splash

You cry. For HOURS. And then you PM the person who sent you the new cover several times to gripe at her. Then you try a variety of tools. Then you kick your cat because you just KNOW he's laughing inside. Then you pray even though you don't believe in it. Then you chew some gum and think. Then you shove it aside and ignore it for a few days. Then you get a PM from the person you switched with asking if she just wants you to send the entire frame. Then you are DETERMINED to fit that sucker in a priority mail box so you suck on your tongue for a minute, squint your eyes, scrunch up your nose, utter three <bleep> <bleep> <holy mother of a bleep> and the thing pops right off.

Not too difficult, really.

But I don't think Dorian will fit in it, anyway.

doriansmummy

Splash, thanks I needed that laugh after fighting with that frickin canopy!
But now you tell me Dorian can't fit in it?! I really thought he would...

I bought my sister this seat when she was preggo with my niece. Now she is 5 months old and my sister wanted to put her in the Britax MA she got. So now the Safeseat is mine and it smelled like dog because they have 2 that like to sleep on/by it and I HAD to wash it. It will be nice now the 2 days a week I have her we do not have to uninstall/install her seat from her car.

It is in the wash.:thumbsup:

SarahLong

Oh my gosh! I HATE the safeseat canopy! I swear they made that so difficult on purpose! I cut my finger open getting it apart! I was finally able to get it apart with a flathead screwdriver. Ugh, never again!!!

Splash, I loved your depiction of this, so true!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC