Safeguard owners does the self adjusting harness work for you?....

Does the self adjusting harness work for you?...

• Yes, the self adjusting harness works, I don't have to tighten more.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I have to tighten more after the self adjusting harenss

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • clicky box

Votes: 11 68.8%

• Total voters
ADS

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I chose clicky box, because I'm not sure that it's SUPPOSED to tighten the harness all the way.

It would be nice if it did, but I always assumed the "tab" was used to remove the majority of the slack, then the knobs are used to finish tightening.

:twocents:

Mom to a few

I chose clicky box, because I'm not sure that it's SUPPOSED to tighten the harness all the way.

It would be nice if it did, but I always assumed the "tab" was used to remove the majority of the slack, then the knobs are used to finish tightening.

:twocents:

I agree with this. It just takes out the major slack so you don't have to turn the knob as many times. The Safeguard manual says:

Tighten harness.
• Lift yellow harness adjustment lever
on front of the child restraint to tighten
harness around the child.
Note: This lever activates the harness
retractor that automatically tightens the
harness.
• For final tightening, turn the yellow
harness tension adjustment knob on the
side of child restraint until harness is snug
around the child.

emandbri

Thanks all. I've never seen one so I wasn't sure how it was supposed to work. I was hoping for self adjusting harness like on the fisher price t-shield and the gerry one click that I bought when Jacob was a baby. :p

jb5416

I had a Gerry One-Click for my now 14 year-old!!! I loved that seat so much! And then, about two years after I bought it it failed catastrophically, like one side of the shield thing just broke off. All good things must come to an end, I guess....
Jessie

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I am a clicky box, because it most definitely does not for my skinny-minny 4 year old. She needs 3 turns of the knobs for it to be snug.

My slightly chunkier 2 year old, I prefer to turn one click but technically I think it removes enough slack to be safe. I am quite happy with that because my daughter was riding in that seat with my mother quite a lot while my mom had the kids while I was at the hospital with the eldest, and I'm not sure if she would know exactly how to judge how tight it is or whatever. I tell her "pull the lever and then tighten one click of the knobs for Bridget" but if she forgets to tighten the knob I'm actually confident that she's snug enough with just the lever-pulling (which she doesn't ever forget.)

Last edited:

emars002

I am a clicky box, because it most definitely does not for my skinny-minny 4 year old. She needs 3 turns of the knobs for it to be snug.

I agree - I have to turn it at least 3 times for my DD - when i tried it in the living room just to see how my youngest fit, i only had to do one turn - but she is definately chunkier than her sister! I only use the button if I have pulled the straps out really loose, otherwise I just use the knob.

Dillipop

When ds has fleece jackets, sweatshirts, etc. I have to turn the know a bunch of times. When it is just a t-shirt, it gets much closer and only have to turn a couple times. I think the heavier weight of winter clothing makes it harder for the retracter to get the harness close to the child's body.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
There's a slit in the headrest, right behind where the child's head goes. It should be in there, along with a CD. :thumbsup:

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
I think it's an awesome place for the manual, because you don't have to uninstall the seat to get to it! :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC