Vent those darn TB screws

crunchierthanthou

Yesterday I volunteered at our local Safe Kids fair in the carseat gallery. I was talking to one family and they mentioned they had a TB. I felt impressed to point out the screws in the armrests. We walked over to the display and I turned the high back so we could see the side. no screw. I checked the other side and the backless sitting beside it. nothing. nada. not a single screw, just 4 empty holes. Granted, the seats were all provided by BRU and the boxes were sitting behind the display, but it was still frustrating. All I could do was laugh it off and say, "see? it's a really common mistake." :rolleyes: Hopefully they believed me when I told them how important they were and listened about reading their manual when they got home.

ADS

Defrost

Moderator - CPSTI Emeritus
Sadly, every time I've brought up those screws at a seat check, the parents always ask if they can just get "any old screws" as long as they fit in there. Um... technically no. But WHY NOT? Um... because Graco says so. *sigh*

I wish they'd at least package the seats so that the screws were taped to the side of the armrest or something. They are SO easy to completely miss entirely.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
My supervisor at BRU was absolutely mortified that the screws weren't in (she had built them, it's hard to get the time to read the manual when building a seat in the middle of the carseat aisle...)... she fixed them all as soon as I mentioned it to her.... :whistle:
Yeah, I wish they were like taped to the armrest or seatpad or something, and harder to miss :eek:

Maedze

Or maybe Graco could be like every other company and put the armrests ON the booster, screws installed, in the lowest position, with a sticker on the seat about how to move them up for a larger child :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC