My new KeyFit... & it fits 3 across!! Pic heavy.

monstah

Yaaahoooo! I was not expecting it to fit at all. This is the Fuego KeyFit 30.

First are a couple pictures of my DD in it. She is 24 or 26 pounds, 1 year & 5 months old. Too bad her torso is too long already to use it.

Outgrown, but comfy.

100_4189.jpg

100_4188.jpg

The base installed between a FF RN and a RF BLVD. It was a little tight, but the base installed with room to spare on either side (it's not touching either car seat at all.)
When I install it permanantly, I will just move the BLVD over a smidge and we will be golden.

Putting the infant seat onto the base, because of the way it puzzled, I had to have the handle in the "store" position. Hopefully moving the BLVD over a little will take care of that.
All of the seats touch when the infant seat snaps in. The BLVD is being pushed just a tiny bit in this test install. (But like I said, I should be able to move it over and gain a little room.)

I am in love. :love:

FF RN installed with belt. RF BLVD installed with LATCH. KeyFit installed with belt. 2006 Ford Freestyle.
The LATCH straps aren't loose on the BLVD. They look like they are, but that is just the extra strapping.

100_4192.jpg

100_4194.jpg

100_4193.jpg

100_4196.jpg

100_4195.jpg

100_4191.jpg

100_4190.jpg

Now I just need that Onyx BLVD cover and my backseat will look awesome!

ADS

monstah

But, I will have a problem pretty soon. My DS is mere millimeters from the top slots of the Radian. I have a Nautilus to switch it out with, but that is going to chew up all the space. If not make the 3 across impossible. Fingers crossed. :(

Maedze

You could consider choosing to recognize that SK has certified the Radian for use until the tops of the ears reach the top of the shell, even if that means the shoulders go over the top slot. That might buy you a little extra time.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
You could consider choosing to recognize that SK has certified the Radian for use until the tops of the ears reach the top of the shell, even if that means the shoulders go over the top slot. That might buy you a little extra time.

I just want to clarify that the allowance of use over the top slots until the tops of the ears reach the top of the shell must also have the child underneath the total height limit listed for the seat. Dave was pretty clear on that in the chat that in order to use it over the top slots the child must be within the listed height limit, and the ears contained in the shell. I'm guessing that for a kid with a short torso that would mean that using the seat above the top slots wouldn't be able to be done while still following the "allowance" to go over those top slots.

Maybe that's their "out" to make sure parents don't use the seat too far over?

melniemi

I :love: that kf! Would it fit with the nautilus if you used the radian rfing? Seems it would buy you enough room. Good luck.

monstah

I'm probably going to have to do that for a little while. Expecially because I love the RN a lot more than my GN.

I :love: that kf! Would it fit with the nautilus if you used the radian rfing? Seems it would buy you enough room. Good luck.

I hope so. I have a few combinations I plan on trying. :thumbsup:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC