Trying out seats...

Blondie87

So we went to Target today for diapers, and they had the Rachel Nautilus! So I tried him out in that a took a pic, and a couple other seats. They had a Signo therte for 202.96 As is.. so I tried him out in that too.. at Judi's request. ;) Here are the pics.. I had fun but I don't think J did...

Rachel Nautilus, which I :love: It's just like the Reese, soft all over.
pinknauti.jpg

ETA, Just because I have never tried one of these out. I actually love it, I love the adjuster. I used to have 2 Generations, I guess I just forgot how nice the adjuster was!
eta1.jpg

Recaro Signo In the box...
recarosigno1.jpg

At the highest setting out of the box.. His hood is kinda in the way.. sorry I'm new at this.. ;)
recaro.jpg
recarosigno.jpg

I tried to be fast cuz he was DONE.. lol.

ADS

Starlight

Senior Community Member
Thanks for sharing the pics! Though, I am surprised you are allowed to? We are not allowed to show pics of foster kids online at all.

Mama Jo

I love how he gets progressively more annoyed at each new seat. lol ((Except that he seemed kinda comfy in the box...))

Blondie87

I love how he gets progressively more annoyed at each new seat. lol ((Except that he seemed kinda comfy in the box...))

Lol.. we had a break between the rest of the seats and the Recaro. Judi wanted so see pics of it after I told her it was there so we went back. So he had a lil break. And when he was in the box he had better access to his shoes and was focusing on getting them off.. notice the concentrated look on his face? ;)

Mama Jo

Lol.. we had a break between the rest of the seats and the Recaro. Judi wanted so see pics of it after I told her it was there so we went back. So he had a lil break. And when he was in the box he had better access to his shoes and was focusing on getting them off.. notice the concentrated look on his face? ;)

LOL I did see the floating shoe...

So what did you think of the Signo?? I had a Como at one time and sold it because I hated it. The head pillows were way too cushy and I was mad I didn't spend the extra money for the headwings of the Signo. I used the Como once or twice for my nephew and he screamed the whole time - it made him hot and sweaty. Plus it was a PITA RF'ing. I've thought recently though that maybe I should have kept it for FF'ing... But I'd rather have the Signo than the Como anyway. Did you pay attention to how the top harness slot of the Nauti compared to the highest adjustment of the Signo by chance??

Blondie87

LOL I did see the floating shoe...

So what did you think of the Signo?? I had a Como at one time and sold it because I hated it. The head pillows were way too cushy and I was mad I didn't spend the extra money for the headwings of the Signo. I used the Como once or twice for my nephew and he screamed the whole time - it made him hot and sweaty. Plus it was a PITA RF'ing. I've thought recently though that maybe I should have kept it for FF'ing... But I'd rather have the Signo than the Como anyway. Did you pay attention to how the top harness slot of the Nauti compared to the highest adjustment of the Signo by chance??

I loved it. The Nauti and Signo were far away from each other, so I didn't pay attention. I was too afraid of getting in trouble for taking the Signo outta the box. When DH saw the box he was like, "70 lbs, Damn!" I told him it doesn't get most kids to 70 lbs though. But I liked it alot, I would just be worried about RF leg room and how high it would be in my car. Since those are the biggest 2 complaints about the seat. But it was awesome... :love:

Mama Jo

I loved it. The Nauti and Signo were far away from each other, so I didn't pay attention. I was too afraid of getting in trouble for taking the Signo outta the box. When DH saw the box he was like, "70 lbs, Damn!" I told him it doesn't get most kids to 70 lbs though. But I liked it alot, I would just be worried about RF leg room and how high it would be in my car. Since those are the biggest 2 complaints about the seat. But it was awesome... :love:

Yeah, I'd never use it RF'ing. Huge PITA - to install and to adjust. Plus, I could barely fit it in the backseat of a Tahoe. Let alone the Malibu I drive now. It's huge. I got it in the middle with the top between the two front seats, but it was a struggle. I probably could have put it more upright, which I didn't know at the time, but I do know it was more upright than 45 degrees. I never tried it FF'ing, but I'm wishing I had, just to see... I love my Recaro HBB that DD uses in grandma's car.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
Okay, the Nauti is cuter than stock photos make it look. Is it me or would it totally go with a Como or Signo in Blush???

Tyler'sMom1117

I really don't like how the Nautilus and the Signo push his head forward. Out of those 3 seats I think the ETA wins hands down. I had the original ET and loved it except for the fact that my son outgrew it so quickly.

Mommy0608

Thanks for taking these pics! I actually saw the Rachel Nautilus at my Target yesterday too. It kind of made me think of Pepto. :rolleyes: It's not too bad though, a nice option for girly girls... though I think I like the butterfly cover a little better personally.

Too bad DH won't let me get girly seats for DD. She'd love it, but we have to consider passing the seats down to DS eventually.

Blondie87

It seems like it's a lighter pink then the stock photo. I like this cover better then Mariposa.. but I've also never seen Mariposa in person...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC