Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

+ Reply to Thread

Pics- Special needs seats and stretcher harness

Our model is Tyler. He is 10 years old, 71 lbs, 54" tall and has a 19" torso. He just outgrew the Regent a few months back.

First is the TheraPedic 2000.

This seat harnesses from 20-102 lbs. Both the TheraPedic 2000 and the 2500(40-130 lbs) have high sides, side head rests. You can adjust the harness in the back and fine tune it on the front. The crotch strap is also adjustable.

Tyler is at the top slot of this seat and his shoulders are squished.

Tyler had room to grow. Quite a bit, actually.

These are not squishy seats. They have little padding and are very straight. L corners.

The Merritt Roosevelt harnesses 35 - 115 lbs. Tyler actually has this seat. He has a lot of grow room. Shane Merritt worked at Britax and worked on the Regent. This is reflected in the Roosevelt.

A head rest comes with the seat. You can get a pommel (well, all different sizes and firmness), side supports, and two different seat extenders. If the child does not have as much head control, a zelcro cap can be added.

I will work on getting more pics of this seat.

It can be installed long or short belt path.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Pics- Special needs seats and stretcher harness

Next is the EZ On 101M2 Vest.

This vest is for 20-100 lbs, for kids that have to lay prone or suspine. For under 30", you use one seat belt. 30" or over, you use two. Great for a casted leg. This takes up a lot of room. We installed in the back of a minivan, with a doll.

The 103Z has a zipper in the back. Good for a kiddo that escapes from the car. We used it with the tether mount and had the hip hooks also. It took a bit to get Tyler into it, and he was cooperating!

The Carrie car seat comes in 4 sizes. 20-40 lbs, 30-60 lbs, 50-100 lbs and 60-130 lbs. The 2 smaller sizes, you seat belt over the seat first, then buckle the child in. The 2 bigger sizes you buckle the harness, then sealt bet around. Pic on the left.

It looks a lot like the feeder seat.

For the 2 smaller sizes, I don't like how the vehicle seat belt hits the hip part of the harness.
    Last edited by Judi; 02-28-2009 at 01:41 PM.

The Safeguard transport seat mounts on a stretcher. We saw this at Lifesavers also. It harnesses from 22 to 100 lbs.

Senior Community Member MOM25BOYS's Avatar

Thanks for all the great pics Judi!!

Tyler is such as sport for being your model in the pics and WOW over how much growing room he has left in the 2500!!
    Elizabeth SAHM to 5 Boys and 1 Fuzzy Dog ...
    Aaron/13yrs-130lbs~Caleb/10yrs-70lbs/Harmony Booster
    Jacob/9yrs-67lbs/Harmony Booster~Gabriel/7yrs-54lbs/Monterey~Matthew/5yrs-41lbs/Monterey~Otto/8mths-21lbs/Solvit Pet Harness

He went with us every day and did very good! he was happy to be a model.

The instructor's assistant has an 18 year old daughter that is in the 2500. I sat in it. Also, your can put them in a stroller.

CPS Technician LuckyFins3Lil'Fish's Avatar

Super cool seats. What a great seat model.
    DS: 2-3-06 Boostered in a Diono Monterey. DDs: 3-21-08 FF Evenflo Big Kid Amp & Britax Frontier 85 Booster Mode
    Children are unpredictable. You never know what inconsistency they're going to catch you in next. ~Franklin P. Jones

CPS Advocate

How did I not see this before?! Great job!!! (reppity reppity reppity)

CPS Advocate

do you mind if I piggyback here and post a few photos from my special needs class?

Ill have to come back with descriptions unless someone wants to do it for me
    “Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes...
    That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away AND you have their shoes.”

Thanks Luvbug! Well the first looks like the Carrie car seat, being used with a stretcher, of course.

The other two look like a WC19 approved wheelchair.
    Last edited by Judi; 05-06-2009 at 04:14 PM.

Would anyone know which SN seats are available in Canada? If any? Legally, I mean.
    Cat in Canada
    DS1 7 yo - 47 lbs (47"/??"t/??"top of head) - boostered in SKMonterey/2TBs/2CowmooPWSG/2HarmonyNBBs
    DS2 4 yo - 34.5 lbs (40"/15"t/??"top of head) - FF in CowmooMA/TrueFit/2Radians/2Nautiluses/HarmonyV7
    Also in possession of: Graco SafeSeat1 and MyRide (loaned out) + 1 demo seat: SnugRide.

That, I do not know.