need stroller for 2 for fast walking

Hollyob

I need a stroller that will allow me to push my 25lb 20-month-old and my 42lb 5-year-old, and that will allow me to walk fast on sidewalks for exercise. I was thinking about the Babytrend Sit & Stand as my 5-year-old would probably be happy to stand, but I don't know if that would work well for fast walking. Reviews seem mixed. Buggy boards don't sound like they'd work well for fast walking b/c it sounds like they cut into your stride. I love the Strolli idea, but it is unavailable (anyone know if they are coming out with a new model?). Is a double jogging stroller my only option?

Thanks!

ETA: how about the Valco Hitchhiker? Looks like it might not interfere with my legs but has no reviews. I'd be attaching it to my FPSV.

Last edited:
ADS

lovinwaves

Look for something with air tires. The air tires are going to make for a better ride for your kids, and an easier push for you. The air tires will glide over all cracks, bumps, rocks, etc... You won't hesitate with your pace if you see a big crack coming up.

A fixed wheel would be even better, but if you absolutely must have the wheels have the option to swivel then make sure you can at least LOCK those front wheels(s) when you are walking at a fast pace.

Jennifer mom to my 7

Look for something with air tires. The air tires are going to make for a better ride for your kids, and an easier push for you. The air tires will glide over all cracks, bumps, rocks, etc... You won't hesitate with your pace if you see a big crack coming up.

A fixed wheel would be even better, but if you absolutely must have the wheels have the option to swivel then make sure you can at least LOCK those front wheels(s) when you are walking at a fast pace.

:yeahthat:
I would keep an eye on your local craigslist, etc, for an older bob or baby jogger.

Rockafeller

I'm not sure where you are but you should consider a Wike. It's made in Canada but they ship to the US (www (dot) wike (dot) ca). I have a Double in Earth colors and I love it. I live in a very hilly neighbourhood and it is so light to push with my boys in it (34 pounds and 28 pounds), it also converts to be pulled behind a bike if you want and comes with those attachements (not extra like Chariots). Also kids will last much longer in it then a chariot as they have way more leg and head room. It's good for up to 100 pounds. It comes with rain sheild and bug net, folds flatter than chariot for travel, it's really great for a outdoor type stroller. You can also but a stroller wheel for the front (and I did but I've only used that once). The Wikes don't look as sporty at the Chariot but I think have way more advantages and they are cheaper (and lighter). They also have a huge basket to put anything you need to bring along (there would be room for a lot of groceries if you have a store you could walk too).

Hollyob

Thanks!

My local CL has a Bob Sport Utility double stroller for $250. :thumbsup:
I looked it up and see that it can hold 100 lbs, but I can't find anything about child's height. My 5-year-old is 43" tall and of average build - would he be comfortable in that?

Hollyob

Sorry for bumping so soon but I'd love some feedback on the Bob Sport Utility double stroller (for $250) for my 43" 5-y-o and 20-m-o before I run out and get it. Will my 5-y-o fit well? Also, I have read that it is hard to turn. I would only be on sidewalks, and our streets are all straight and flat.

TIA!

ETA: there is a BABY JOGGER CITY CLASSIC DOUBLE STROLLER at ebay for $242. Thoughts?

Last edited:

MoreLatte

I have a Baby Jogger City Classic single and really love it, it pushes like a dream. The seatback is really tall, my 5 1/2 yo fits in it. I have pics of her in it, if you'd like.

I would really consider something with a swivel front wheel. The last double jogger I had with a fixed front wheel was killer to turn with the weight of two kids in it.

I use my city classic for fast-paced walking and while the swivel wheel locks, I always keep it unlocked and it glides over bumps just fine. For actual jogging, you need a fixed wheel. For walking, you should be fine with a swivel and its a lot easier on the shoulders!

Hollyob

Thanks! It does sound like having the option to lock or swivel front wheels would be helpful. I'm just afraid the Baby Jogger on ebay will go up too high in price for me. Highest bid right now is $242 but there are 2 days left. We'll see. And I emailed the CL person with the BOB but haven't heard back from her/him.

BTW, Rockafeller, the Wike sounds cool but too expensive new. Unfortunately there is none on my local CL or ebay at the moment. I'll keep it in mind as I continue looking.

Any additional advice is welcome.....

Kat_Momof3

definitely go for a jogging stroller... check ebay and craigslist and get the brand for your needs.

I only use a jogger in the summer for long outings anymore, so I've downgraded over the years to where I now just have a cheap baby trend expedition that I got on craigslist for 50 bucks... and it's perfect for my needs and works great...

another tip... join stroller swap... you can get very reasonable prices on EUC or even hardly used double joggers.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC