NOW she wants a girly seat!

Kellyr2

I tried SOOOO hard to talk Mikayla into the Ashley Floral, but no, she just HAD to have the Cowmooflage. Even when I showed her an Ashley in a store, she still insisted on the cow. I even tried talking her into the Tiffany in whichever seat it is that it comes on and that was a no-go, too.
Today, we stroll through the carseat aisle at Target, as its the first time I've been in there since I've seen everyone talking about them revamping the line. She saw the Brooke Floral and said she wants it when her cow seat is too little (we've discussed how she'll be outgrowing it and passing it to the baby next year.)
I tried to explain that it's the same seat, different cover. Then she saw the new TB that is pink with butterflies and asked if she could have a booster instead, and then said the Evenflo Big Kid with the lights was "magic seat" so she wanted it, and Aaric wanted to know if i'd get him the new Compass that has neon green.
I forgot to check to see if it was the new Compass that is supposedly taller.

But its not fair! I wanted a girly seat, and NOW she decides she'd want one?? Ugh.

ADS

Lara

LOL thats funny. Its amazing what pink can do lol.

Oh TB is turbo booster.

Lara

Yoshi

That's whay I now have to avoid the carseat aisle whenever we go to Target! It's nuts is't it? I'll never forget what I read in a favorite web-author's journal (Catherine Newman on Babycenter) ..she said her 6 yr old child made an observation that "Target makes you want things you don't even really want." Me too!

BABYGIRLLYNDSEY

The girly covers are so cool. My older daughter, Lyndsey, had a Britax Marathon foofy years ago. Now she is in a Parkway Tiffany and I just love it. My sister in law took her in the car the other day and told her she wanted to keep the car seat because it looked so cool in her Mitsubishi Montero. Karley has a Britax Marathon in the Dragonfly which she uses occasionally. She'll be using more after the safe seat 1 she is in. I love the girly seats. I'm looking for the Boulevard Shannon when it comes out as I will eventually be moving Karley outboard and forward facing. (When she reaches 33 pounds) and then Daddy can have the Marathon in his jeep. After having two boys first you kind of go crazy with the pink foofy girl stuff!!! ;)

Tara

lol I'm DYING to go girly here ... 3 boys first hehe
Dd is 2.5..we have ooohed and aaahed over the Olivia print at BRU as well as drooled over several others online. We're just not 'ready' for a purchase yet. So my dh tells me anyway LOL (as does our pocketbook ;) )
I'm just hanging in there til she outgrows the RA (and/or FPSE) and we'll see how her 5 yo brother fits in his MA and go from there. I find myself just hoping dd will need a new MA. At the very least...I'll be faced with finding a new seat for ds and getting a girly cover for the MA. But there's just nothing like a neeeeeeeeeeeew girly seat ;)

Anywho...

I can totally feel the *argh* of the OP..isn't that JUST the way those little ones work? hehe Darn kids anyway LOL

tjham

Yes, I made the mistake of taking my granddaughter down the carseat aisle at Target and she loved the girly turbo booster! But she also loves her Ashley Floral and I am so not ready for her to be in a booster, even though she is 5. I just got her out of there fast and on to other things!

becca011906

Senior Community Member
This is what worries me, although regent aren't seen in many stores at all... i'm online a lot, and dd seats what i'm looking at often and i have her talked into the BBlue regent that's on sale and she likes it much more the couger but i'm worried when / if the new covers come out this month (hopefully LOL) that they will have a more girly cover and she'll see me looking at them and really want that seat... I can't do that... thoes are pricey seats, but if i wait i'd rather pay full price for a nice girly seat vs a so/so seat that is on sale now! LOL

marshmallow

Why doesn't britax sell covers separately? (or do they?) It seems like a no brainer to me. Bumbleride strollers even have interchangeable fabrics now - so if you want the pink you just have to buy new fabric if the next one is a boy.

skaterbabs

They do sell them seperately, but Olivia is a BRU exclusive that is not available as just a cover, and Brook is new, so won't be avaiilable for a few mos.

Kellyr2

AND I hate to spend that much on an extra cover for the year she'd get out of it. I would have rather just gotten the Ashley in the first place though. I'm REALLY hoping that Britax comes out with something else girly for the Regent by the time she outgrows the MA. Since they haven't shown anything yet, I'm assuming no new colors are coming out this fall, so I'm hoping that she'll last in her MA (and the baby will last in his SS1) until the new colors are released next year, and that she likes one of them. Otherwise, maybe I'll find a safe way to decorate the Husky (marina) and get Aaric a new Regent instead. He says he likes the Onyx.

rescuedcat

Senior Community Member
Kellyr2 said:
I tried SOOOO hard to talk Mikayla into the Ashley Floral, but no, she just HAD to have the Cowmooflage.

LOL Sounds like my daughter! She totally wanted Cowmoo, but I talked her into AF. Actually, I didn't give her a choice. I don't like the Cowmoo (I think it looks dirty), and today when we went to buy it, all they had out was the AF, so I told her that's all they had. She seems to love it now. :)

hsjwmom

I think there is some kind of baby show this weekend on ABC where they introduce the new lines... Dana thinks if there are some new ones, that's where they will debut....

skaterbabs

rescuedcat said:
LOL Sounds like my daughter! She totally wanted Cowmoo, but I talked her into AF. Actually, I didn't give her a choice. I don't like the Cowmoo (I think it looks dirty), and today when we went to buy it, all they had out was the AF, so I told her that's all they had. She seems to love it now. :)
FWIW, I have both cowmoo and AF. AF by FAR gets dirtier faster and is harder to get really looking clean.

rescuedcat

Senior Community Member
skaterbabscpst said:
FWIW, I have both cowmoo and AF. AF by FAR gets dirtier faster and is harder to get really looking clean.
I thought the Cowmoo just looked dirty as it was, sitting on the shelf in the store. Those tan swirls make it look dirty in my opinion. I'm not worried about Shelby's AF getting dirty. My kids don't eat in the car, and they are both very neat kids. Their car seats always look immaculate. LOL

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
I know what you mean, Sallie! We still really like our Cowmoo, but when I 1st opened the box I actually tried rubbing some of the tan off before I realized it's supposed to be like that :rolleyes: :p

rescuedcat

Senior Community Member
papooses said:
I know what you mean, Sallie! We still really like our Cowmoo, but when I 1st opened the box I actually tried rubbing some of the tan off before I realized it's supposed to be like that :rolleyes: :p

LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one!

skaterbabs

I like that tan, to me it's not dirty at all, but my AF was used for less than 6 mos and is incrediably dingy - not food stains, just from Girl Feet. :rolleyes: I only use my AF when my cow needs to be washed, and then cow goes back on because I can't stand looking at the dingy AF cover.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC