True Fit crash replacemnt?

New grandma

I can find no information in the manual for replacement after a crash. Do I just follow the NHTSA rules?

My SIL was driving my car after his died. No injuries thank goodness and I feel it does follow the guidelines for a minor crash, even though there is significant body damage. However, should I still replace the driver seat belt?

ADS

Pixels

Page 5 of the manual says do NOT use it if it has been in a crash.

Any crash, occupied or not, minor or major.

Did the seatbelt even lock? Did the coffee spill? For a minor crash, I wouldn't worry about the seatbelt. You only need to replace it if the crash was severe enough to stretch the seatbelt, which would most likely be severe enough that you wouldn't consider calling it "minor."

melniemi

Does learning curve have a crash replacement program? I thought I read that somewhere. You might want to call them to see.

New grandma

The seat was not installed. I install behind the driver and SIL is 6' 3", so he uninstalled and moved it to passenger side. It didn't fall over or anything.

He slid off the road as he was moving forward from the signal light, went across the road and hit a sign. The front tire went flat and the quarter panel is smashed. His seat belt did lock, but he is not even sore today. He thinks he was going about 15-20 mph. Do you think I should call LC or just contact insurance?

Thank you for finding that for me in the manual.

Pixels

The seat was not strapped in to the car at all, and didn't fall off the seat on impact? I, me, personally, would not worry about it. You've probably gone over potholes that were worse. Hitting the brakes hard would put more forces on the seat, but you wouldn't consider replacing it.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC