Look at my new Marathon cover

http://www.chic-covers.com/item_43/...ddler-car-seat-cover-Fits-Britax-Marathon.htm

I know its not an original cover from Britax itself but doesnt it look nice??? I got a 10% off discount as well for my order and she threw in free belly pad and harness covers as well. It looks almost identical to the conture covers from Britax!!

I am so excited to get it! And the lady who makes them told me she custom fits them to fit the Britax seats like a T. She said you cannot even tell its not a manufacture original cover.

What do you girls think?

ADS

Blondie87

Uhhh.. you are not supposed to use those. They are an aftermarket product. You can only use covers that are Britax.. that cover was not crash tested with the seat. Sorry.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
It's not safe to use an aftermarket cover, even if you think it fits well. There may be differences in the padding, but more importantly, it is not flame-retardant.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
It may not meet the anti-flammability requirements of a Britax cover, and this is potentially a very big deal as at least one of our members learned when her car caught fire last summer. :eek: Luckily her car was parked and she and her kiddos weren't in the car at the time and were unharmed, but her pictures of what her Britax seats looked like in the car after the fire was extinguished are very compelling. ETA: Here's her thread about the fire with pictures: http://car-seat.org/showthread.php?t=51032&highlight=flame+retardent

mommaon112903

$100 for an after-market cover that can not be used :eek: Even a coture cover from Britax would most likely not cost that much, and you would know it was safe to use.

This cover can not be used, and Britax's manual states the same as well. I sure hope you can return it and get your money back!

Even though it is very cute, and while I would LOVE something else than the Saraha for our Regent, we will stick with the orginal cover so I know my little man is safe :)

I REALLY wish there could be something done so people stop selling these things! :mad:

Maggie

Well, at least the site says you have 7 days to return it. You'll be out shipping, but at least you'll know your little one is safe.

The cover is NOT fire retardant. In the FAQ's the first one is about fire retardant and they clearly state their covers are NOT fire retardant. :thumbsdown:

LuvMyCharlie

Why can't Britax take a cue from some of their aftermarket 'competitors?' Sigh...why do all the cute ones have to be aftermarket? :(

I have to agree with everyone else, though. Flammability issues would be my first though. But my second would be...$100 for a non-authentic cover? Check out Ebay. There are lots of AUTHENTIC Britax covers on there for way cheaper.

Wow I am so sad right now! I just cancelled my order, I didnt even get the seat cover yet, it was scheduled to be sent out tomorrow. So my refund is on its way! Whew....Thanks ladies you really got me seeing the light now!!!

valleyfam

So glad you got your money back! My first thought when I read your post was flame retardant and the car fire last year the pp referred too. I wouldn't have known better before I came here a year ago either. Good luck finding a Britax you like!:)

Maedze

Glad you were able to cancel the order. As everyone else said, those are not approved, can void the warranty and potentially might be very dangerous. Never, ever use an aftermarket cover not made by the company for the seat.

mum2two

I wish everyone came here first, smart lady!!!

I love how the aftermarket seller always say that they put in extra padding, and if something like a shopping cart cover ya that's good, but the seat is tested with the manufacturers cover and their paddings thickness and that extra padding could compromise the seats integrity.

I really wish ebay wouldn't allow them to be sold without a huge disclaimer, I always want to email bidders when they're bidding or buying!

I also still believe it's "key word spamming" when many of the them use Britax covers in their titles, you can't use Coach or Gap for items even if they look like the original it should be the same with Britax covers-and more importantly we're talking children's safety not fashion.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC